Finally, Gingerbread for All DInc Owners! Part 2! Update's avail!

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Finally, Gingerbread for All DInc Owners! Part 2! Update's av

You don't need to rename it. Make sure to clear your cache and Dalvick cache first, then go to install zip from SD card, choose the file and 10 minutes later you should be in business. This is for rooted phones and is a rooted version. You do not need S Off. I would back everything up including your current ROM. I did mine a little more than 2 weeks ago and just did the latest tonight. It boots fast because of the setting for Fast Boot. You can turn that off in Applications Settings, bottom of the list.

skelzer

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

this isn't for rooted phones nor is it a rooted version. it's an untouched copy of the OTA cache file. my phone is unrooted and it took the update (Google Movies download just fine, aka verifies unrooted). renaming the file to update.zip just automates the update... saving you from navigating any prompts.

Last edited:

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site

I previously installed the latest leak. Do I need to delete some files to get this to work? It still looks for the old file that I already deleted from the root directory. Thanks

KenA

May 1, 2010
Visit site

Any tricks on getting the ota feed for your devise any quicker (ie: restarting your device, etc.)?.... Some way to make your phone search for the feed?
Or, is the update simply pushed, and there's nothing to do but wait???

Ryp11

May 23, 2011
Visit site

just checked and still no update. I hate waiting.

Filosophic1

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site

I was just curious. I replaced my Incredible with the Thunderbolt. I still have my DInc, but it does not have service through Verizon anymore. I can use my Incredible on WiFi, and update Market apps and such, but my question is, will I be able to receive the update, or will I have to download and flash the OTA file once it is released?

Muddyml

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I got the .2 to .3 ota update and caught the dl location! Wohoo!

I/SystemUpdateService( 240): starting download of http://android.clients.google.com/p..._WWE_4.06.605.3-4.06.605.2_release_211679.zip
I/update.Download( 240): Started a new update download: http://android.clients.google.com/p..._WWE_4.06.605.3-4.06.605.2_release_211679.zip

Update: I had trouble after downloading with my phone not wanting to reboot. I canceled the install, downloaded the update myself, renamed the file update.zip and placed it in the root of my SD card and flashed using hboot.

Update from .2 to .3 was successful.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: launchallzig

Muddyml

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Someone want to contribute to my nexus prime fund?

Paypal donations being excepted.

Darkblue31

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

Muddy, does this version in the about phone, hardware information section, does it say the correct display instead of the 4.3 inch screen which we know is not right

Muddyml

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Muddy, does this version in the about phone, hardware information section, does it say the correct display instead of the 4.3 inch screen which we know is not right

No. still says 4.3 inch WVGA resolution .

I'd take screen shots but I'm at work right now and not rooted.

EDIT: I never did the ota install from froyo to gingerbread though. I updated from 4.06.605.2 to 4.06.605.3 . I'm not sure if that might have different results.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkblue31

Darkblue31

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

Ok, i just wanted to make sure my version said the same thing as this file, check if you get the low space error message still.

Muddyml

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

I have but it only stayed for about 20 seconds before it took care of itself. It was a lot worse on froyo, IMO.

Once while rooted I noticed the application space available was only 312Mb or 368Mb. I thought this was weird because It has 512Mb but 736Mb if you look at apps2sd. Anyhow, my point being that when I approached that limit I've noticed the low space message obviously. I'm not sure why we can't use all of the 512Mb.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site

Does one have to have the phone activated on VZW to get this update or can you turn it on a use wiFi to get this? Once its been pushed to everyone of course.

jimzim66

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm having an issue with the download link. Try to install and it errors on me. Oh well, I'll wait til it gets pushed to me.

Muddyml

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm having an issue with the download link. Try to install and it errors on me. Oh well, I'll wait til it gets pushed to me.

Did you rename the file to update.zip or pb31img.zip before you tried flashing it?

prw166

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to go from .2 to .3 and cannot get it to work when I flash it in hboot. I renamed it update.zip. Hboot says something about PB31IMG.zip than goes back to the hboot screen and nothing happens.

Muddyml

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to go from .2 to .3 and cannot get it to work when I flash it in hboot. I renamed it update.zip. Hboot says something about PB31IMG.zip than goes back to the hboot screen and nothing happens.

I'm assuming you placed this update.zip in the root of your SD card?

Muddyml

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Froyo to gingerbread you should rename the file update.zip

.2 to .3 should be renamed update.zip

That is what worked for me at least.

***update*** whatever file you need will need to be renamed update.zip.

Last edited: