Just got my Incredible, switching from iPhone.

stickstickly

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Well I've had iPhone's since launch day and wanted Android since the G1. Finally got an Incredible and well it's incredible. So much polish at 2.1.

I was wondering if anyone could point me to any resources on switching from the iPhone, however what I am really looking for is...

Getting my saved SMS' from my iPhone to my Incredible
poss getting recent calls from my iPhone to Incredible

I have already transferred the contacts via the Mac's Address Book programs sync with my Google account.

Thanks, Matt
P.S. I Love the podcast; been listening for months, that's how I found the site :)

Limjelo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Welcome aboard. I came over from a Blackberry and I couldn't be happier. Blackberry is awesome where it excels (email, etc...) but I left wanting more and my Incredible has filled that gap flawlessly.

I don't have any info for iPhone to Android but I'm sure someone will come along...

fry8

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I work at sprint and we have a system called cellebrite which is a machine used to transfer contacts, pictures, sms, audio/video etc. Pretty much all of the carriers use this machine to transfer over old data to the new phone. Now the cellebrite machine doesn't always transfer sms messages, pictures, audio/video, but it will always transfer contacts. Different devices have different options on the cellebrite machine to transfer other data besides contacts, so give your verizon store a call and ask them if they can use that machine to transfer your data. Otherwise I have no clue how to get your sms messages from the iphone over to the incredible.

bobstudent3

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
...I was wondering if anyone could point me to any resources on switching from the iPhone, however what I am really looking for is...

I don't know of anything offhand, since I've never had an iPhone, but I'm sure there will be others like you switching over. Heck, I just switched from Palm OS (Palm Treo 700p) and I found apps that will read my .prc books and import my old Palm notes!

Maybe you can find an SMS backup iPhone app (to export) that is compatible with an Android SMS backup app (to import from). The biggest problem with the iPhone is that it's not really designed to save a file and then send it somewhere. You may need an intermediate, like Dropbox.

bubbabeatz

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Well I've had iPhone's since launch day and wanted Android since the G1. Finally got an Incredible and well it's incredible. So much polish at 2.1.

I was wondering if anyone could point me to any resources on switching from the iPhone, however what I am really looking for is...

I have already transferred the contacts via the Mac's Address Book programs sync with my Google account.

Thanks, Matt
P.S. I Love the podcast; been listening for months, that's how I found the site :)

cheers i came from the iphone also!

snookiesnoo

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I switched too. I would have preferred to stay with the iPhone but AT&T is killing me with their terrible service and coverage. The Incredible is the first phone of any kind that is close enough to make the switch. I expect Verizon to get the iPhone at some point and will then switch back.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
i too switched from a launch day 3GS and had the 3G before that i love all smartphones jst wanted to try something new. Luckily for me ATT is strong in my area. as far as i know there is no program that will do this i would just suggest emailing your sms to yourself. and i think your beat on recent calls sorry :(

lcsglvr

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
The incredible is fantastic. I came from BB Tour, which was great. I ultimately got tired of the slow internet browsing, browser click issue, and some other things. Incredible is way better, albeit not as good at push.

ILoveBlythe

Dec 14, 2009
www.fhtmus.com
I'm checking on that for you. i think you can save you SMS messages on the PC then transfer them to the Droid. I'll get back with you, give me a few minutes as i have to swap some things around.