Nexus One Camera better than the Incredible

Yahma

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Looks like the Nexus One camera is superior to the 8MP Camera on the Droid Incredible.

Does anyone know if the upcoming Evo 4g will have a good camera? The Camera is important for my brother (whom is in the market for a new phone), as he wants to get rid of his digicam.

G

GenericMessage

Looks like the Nexus One camera is superior to the 8MP Camera on the Droid Incredible.

Does anyone know if the upcoming Evo 4g will have a good camera? The Camera is important for my brother (whom is in the market for a new phone), as he wants to get rid of his digicam.

Since no-one here has used the Evo, I doubt anyone knows just yet.

widdlewade

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
That article would be more credible if they took all the shots from the same distances. The article is slipshod using the shots they use.

twinturbostang

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
This of course really depends on your needs. I'm a photo-enthusiast and own a Nikon digital SLR. The camera on the phone, while nice to have with me all the time, will never replace my DSLR. A phone camera will simply never have the quality that a good DSLR will have. But again, depends on what you want to do with it. If you just want to snap pictures of friends here and there, then yeah, it probably will be good enough for you.

Yahma

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
probably could get fixed with a software update.

There are some commentors who stated they tried the Desire Rom (Sense UI) on the Nexus One, and it still takes better pictures than the Droid Incredible.

There is speculation that the Nexus One uses a 5MP CMOS sensor with a larger area than the 8MP sensor of the Incredible. I guess its common practice in the industry to bump up the mega pixels and reduce the sensor size to keep the costs the same... After all, it's Mega Pixels that consumers are concerned with, not quality..

andyandroid

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
As a semi-pro photographer I can say that this review is kind of useless. The test settings aren't standardized (different focal lengths as mentioned in the review), also I think that a lot of what seems to ail the Incredible in these tests could easily be fixed WITH THE IN CAMERA ADJUSTMENTS. Don't even need to wait for a software patch. I'm HUGELY pleased with my Incredible though I will agree that it would be nice to have control over the strength of the flash and I also agree that it may over sharpen.

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I too shoot Nikon DSLR's in my free time and I find the Incredible's camera to be very good for what it does - add Photoshop.com Mobile and Vignette and you've got quite the excellent photographic tool without having to haul the big rig around.

I agree that article isn't much to go on based upon the images used....

Will I be making giant poster sized prints from my phone? no
Does it replace a standard point and shoot? IMHO yes it does

R

Roy Aguilera

I too shoot Nikon DSLR's in my free time and I find the Incredible's camera to be very good for what it does - add Photoshop.com Mobile and Vignette and you've got quite the excellent photographic tool without having to haul the big rig around.

I agree that article isn't much to go on based upon the images used....

Will I be making giant poster sized prints from my phone? no
Does it replace a standard point and shoot? IMHO yes it does
What does vignette add?
Does it allow you to adjust colors? (blues, greens, reds....)

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Vignette adds film and camera effects to your photos.

• 46 effects & 15 frames
• High res (at least 3.1MP)
• Uses flash if available
• Self-timer
• Zoom/crop
• Silent mode

LOMO/toy camera-style, Polaroid-style, cross-process, tilt-shift and many more effects.

it doesn't allow you to tweak your colors/saturations etc

Here's my Flickr gallery of stuff I've shot using Vignette
http://www.flickr.com/photos/argent34/sets/72157623985437728/

Last edited:

Limjelo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

? 46 effects & 15 frames
? High res (at least 3.1MP)
? Uses flash if available
? Self-timer
? Zoom/crop
? Silent mode

LOMO/toy camera-style, Polaroid-style, cross-process, tilt-shift and many more effects.

Vignette Android App - a set on Flickr

Nice shots! Definitely an alternative to not carrying around my DSLR. (Cannon guy)

Limjelo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the demo version or did you purchase the full app? It's by Nealandtheresa, right?

? 46 effects & 15 frames
? High res (at least 3.1MP)
? Uses flash if available
? Self-timer
? Zoom/crop
? Silent mode

mobiledevice

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
This is what I took from the article:

- The N1 takes consistently good pictures with everything set to auto.

- The Incredible takes less consistently good pictures with everything set to auto.

- The Incredible is far more robust in the range of good pictures it can take if you know how to mess with camera settings.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
That site is not credible at all. I you look at the pool shot and the "band" shot where they are reasonably at the same distance and angle the incredible looks waaayyy better. The shots look better with the N1 but look how close they had to get to make the led flash light it up enough to make the shot look better.

Also did anyone else note at the bottom when you vote.....the phone you vote for goes towards the opposite phone. Give me a break......

With all that aside, if the camera is that important to you, you really should look into getting a DSLR like the others in this thread, if you are that serious about the quality of the pictures geesh. Well one more site to blacklist off my gadget sites list.

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site

• 46 effects & 15 frames
• High res (at least 3.1MP)
• Uses flash if available
• Self-timer
• Zoom/crop
• Silent mode

Nevermind it sounds like it has more to do with stuff that will be way over my head.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze