Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    ncc

Default Disappointed with GTalk: coming from BB 8330

Well, I received my INC, and it's great.. However, the GTalk talk is inferior to my old BB 8330. I thought it would be the same or even better on the INC since it's an Android. Why can't you send voicenotes, pics, etc. This only sends texts and smileys!! WTF. The GTalk on the BB was great, almost identical to BB messenger. Anyone experiencing the same thing, coming from a BB?

BBM is the greatest PIN to PIN program out there. Gtalk isn't meant to replace that or anything...it's just a generic instant messaging program like AIM or Yahoo or whatever. It was around long before the Android OS was...so it's something they just made work.

i used beejive on BB, tried ebuddy and meebo on the inc and neither are as good and they miss the "push" that blackberry has. sucks really
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, One+, Venue Pro 8 & Nook HD+
    www.twitter.com/howarmat

Cracks me up, the only thing I ever read is how everyone misses their BBM. Are you serious? Is that BB's only strength?? BBM is great if the whole world has a BB. Yes, BBM was great with my contacts that were on BB, but then again 1/2 of them didnt even use it, so there went that. Gtalk may not send files on the device only, but what I do appreciate is, that when Im at my desk, I can continue the chat on my desktop on a real KB. Something you cant do with BBM. Also, most phone, smartphone or not, support IM, so everyone doesnt have to have to have the same device which is another plus. Again, to my knowledge, you cant do that with BBM. So just hang in there, and the almighty BBM will be a distant memory...

sending files is a limitation of the platform as there is no built in file manager to give you a method to select files.

hopefully it gets added in at a later point (i'm really hoping for one in 2.2, but i'm not holding my breath)

until we get a built in file manager, i don't see any core application allowing you to send files.

Quote Originally Posted by Adiliyo View Post
    sending files is a limitation of the platform as there is no built in file manager to give you a method to select files.

hopefully it gets added in at a later point (i'm really hoping for one in 2.2, but i'm not holding my breath)

until we get a built in file manager, i don't see any core application allowing you to send files.
    Oh look. Someone finally answered the question instead of going on about bbm or the like. Lol

I too came from a blackberry. I love this phone. But yea. It'll price when Android gtalk gets the capability of the gtalk on the computer.

Good day all.