notifications in vibrate mode and sleepmode

sndeh

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
is there a way to make the email/sms/mms apps to send a notificaton if the phone is in vibrate mode? My phone vibrates even when sleeping but i get no other notifications in vibrate mode with the phone sleepiing. It soes not make a difference if i have Advanced App Killer installed or unistalled

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
are you not getting a notification at all, or do you want the phone to vibrate on calls, but give audible notifications for email/sms/mms?

the phone should give vibrating notifications for everything on vibrate mode.

sndeh

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
i would like the incredible to vibrate for all notifications when in vibrate mode just like i get sound for all notifications when in normal mode. Most important, I would like my vibration notifications to work in sleepmode.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
here's what i do, and all my notifications come as vibration in vibrate mode:

1. hold down the power/lock key at the top of the phone.
2. when the screen pops up with options, click on vibrate
3. presto! all notifications (calls, sms/mms, emails, apps, etc) should vibrate now.

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
For me At night

o SMS needs to be loud as it is used for alerts
o Phone needs to be loud as it is most likely the help desk that forgot to page via SMS.
o Appointments need to be loud so I can hear them.
o Email needs to be silent, not even vibrate needed

Still playing around. Started using HandCent for SMS, Moved my pop mail to K-9 and use Exchange for work email. Using Setting Profiles to do some of the changes.

sndeh

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
i've been using settings /sound and display/sound profile to change from normal to vibrate. thanks for the tip on the power button. will that also make the phone wakeup and vibrate from sleep mode? I'd also like to reinstall Advanced App Killer to save battery but am afraid that i will lose all notifications

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
yes, the only time the phone will not wake up is when you hold down on the button and then click power off (or turn off, i forget what it's called)

otherwise, when you click vibrate, it'll go back to the normal screen, then you can tap the button to turn off the screen as normal.

sndeh

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
i'm still finding that if the phone is in sleep mode and i get an email, i do not get the notification until i manually wake up the phone. I am using advanced app killer but have it set to ignore my email

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech