OTA Gingerbread!

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Damn that's the same as the previous build. Unless the base-band is different (than 2.15.10.07.07) then it looks like someone accidentally turned the upgrade server back on without a new build.

un-Fn-believable. seemed like HTC was finally going to do something good for us for a change.

can't wait for my next (non-HTC) device.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep. 2.15.10.07.07. So can I revert back, or am I hosed for the time being?

Are you having issues? It's harmless to leave it on the phone as long as everything works (other than having Sprint in the market).

As for reverting back you would need to root to do that...

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
un-Fn-believable. seemed like HTC was finally going to do something good for us for a change.

can't wait for my next (non-HTC) device.

It could mean that they are getting ready to push a new build but someone forgot to change the update file but given the fact that I haven't see any leaks lately I doubt it, we usually get the leaked RUU a week or so before they do a push.

Anyone check the VZW support site yet?

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
WELL DAMMIT !!!! here i went and accepted the ota update for my wifes incredible and get on here to read about it and find out i have the old version 4.06.605.3 ...... GRRRR how stupid is this i swear HTC is the worst about screwing up a ota update . so far the phone seems fine but with my luck she'll be calling tommorow with problems. everytime i fail to get on here and read up on these updates before installing them it bites me in the ass .

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

Let's hope this isn't a typo and the proper update is pushed in short order to both those on Froyo AND Gingerbread...

EDIT: Just speculation here but I have noticed when I have had to do an OTA update on other smartphones (ie Blackberry) and I somehow miss an update on an old phone when I finally do update I have to update to the old OTA and then the new one shortly thereafter. Wonder if that is what is going on here and that is their way of making sure those of us with the first GB update also get the second one? *shrug* we shall see!

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Well, I guess that we will be getting a second update that is only about 9 MB as shown at the verizon software update now. I got the file that is like 80 MB and that is not the one that is there now.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Well, I guess that we will be getting a second update that is only about 9 MB as shown at the verizon software update now. I got the file that is like 80 MB and that is not the one that is there now.

Yep that would seem to confirm my speculation above... *crosses fingers*

engineer2001

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Looking in "About Phone", my device is now running build "4.06.605.3 CL140944 release-keys" with baseband 2.15.10.07.07.

Works fine so far but shows Sprint in the Market. Maybe the update shown by Droid-Life from VZW's site is an incremental fix that has to go on top of the messed up one that gave people problems?

dhelfinstine

May 11, 2010
twitter.com
Let's hope this isn't a typo and the proper update is pushed in short order to both those on Froyo AND Gingerbread...

EDIT: Just speculation here but I have noticed when I have had to do an OTA update on other smartphones (ie Blackberry) and I somehow miss an update on an old phone when I finally do update I have to update to the old OTA and then the new one shortly thereafter. Wonder if that is what is going on here and that is their way of making sure those of us with the first GB update also get the second one? *shrug* we shall see!

I installed a stock-rooted update to the version that is pushing out to 2.2 users when it first came out. I would imagine that instead of pushing out one new update, they are pushing out two. If you have 2.2, you get 2.3.4 (4.06.605.3) ~87mb, if you have that version, then you get 4.08.605.2 (~8mb). Probably easier to get a small update through VZW's testing scheme than one gigantic update.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Damn that's the same as the previous build. Unless the base-band is different (than 2.15.10.07.07) then it looks like someone accidentally turned the upgrade server back on without a new build.

I dl the original file from the first page while rooted.

build is 2.15.00.07.28 is my baseband

software is 4.06.605.3

Android is 2.3.4

what changed in basebands and where can one get the updated baseband?

I got the low storage error constantly at first. Went away and came back again today so I factory reset the phone (still rooted)

Illiknight

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Looking in "About Phone", my device is now running build "4.06.605.3 CL140944 release-keys" with baseband 2.15.10.07.07.

I have the same build number. I lost some apps off SD, but not ALL. I put back the few apps I lost, maybe 5 or so, and everything is working fine otherwise.

Phone does say 4.3 inch too.

Going to my downloads in the market works, searching works, but it doesn't load anything if I go to apps, it just spins and spins.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

Works fine so far but shows Sprint in the Market. Maybe the update shown by Droid-Life from VZW's site is an incremental fix that has to go on top of the messed up one that gave people problems?

That's my thought... speculated it a few posts up ;-)

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I dl the original file from the first page while rooted.

build is 2.15.00.07.28 is my baseband

software is 4.06.605.3

Android is 2.3.4

what changed in basebands and where can one get the updated baseband?

I got the low storage error constantly at first. Went away and came back again today so I factory reset the phone (still rooted)

Baseband is the radio code and should not effect anything other than cellupar/data reception and connection. Generally they will push out a new update when they update radios like that, Otherwise you sometimes see leaked radios but you have to be rooted to install those. I don't personally mess with rooting and ROM's.

The low storage error has plagued this device since the beginning (mine is a full retail pre-order that I received the day before official release, so I have been through it all) and somehow I suspect it will never completely go away.

Reactions: tony bag o donuts

OHTodd

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
People keep forgetting that the first update was borked.... some of us just had the wrong market and the phone saying it had a 4.3 inch screen but many others had serious issues. It would have been irresponsible for them to continue the roll-out of that build.

Those of you who are getting it can you let us know what the new build and Android version are? Also if you were on Froyo OR the first Gingerbread (curious about weather this is gonna work for those of us on the old GB).

I am on Froyo, but I haven't executed the update yet, so I don't know what the new build is.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Baseband is the radio code and should not effect anything other than cellupar/data reception and connection. Generally they will push out a new update when they update radios like that, Otherwise you sometimes see leaked radios but you have to be rooted to install those. I don't personally mess with rooting and ROM's.

The low storage error has plagued this device since the beginning (mine is a full retail pre-order that I received the day before official release, so I have been through it all) and somehow I suspect it will never completely go away.

Yeah I am rooted for wireless tethering (don't use anymore), screen captures and bloatware removal.

Other than that, I dont get fancy with it.

Cellulah

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
So, I got the notification encouraging me to update my system. I ignored the notification but the update of course remains in the background. Is there a chance my phone could preform the installation automatically or the next time I restart my phone? Should I be concerned of anything else? =/ After reading some of these comments, I know I do no want the update. I'd trust a custom ROM over this any day...

adiv.paradise

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Any idea if those of us who are rooted will be able to regain our root privileges after the update, or if we'll have to wait a month or two for a verified and safe root method? I'd really like the update, as my phone is quite visibly in need of some software and firmware repair, but I love my wireless tethering and lack of bloatware far too much to lose that for the time it takes to develop a new rooting method.

xonium

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
So has anyone actually received and installed the ~8MB download with software version 4.08?

I feel like Verizon updated their page to reflect the patch version, but is first finishing pushing out 4.06...

I am hesitant to install 4.06 because I don't want to have to re-do all my apps. Does anyone know if using Apps2SD to move them all back to the phone prevents them from being erased/borked?

Atleast the update train is moving again! Just in time for me to buy a Galaxy Nexus lol.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I am on Froyo, but I haven't executed the update yet, so I don't know what the new build is.

From what we are seeing you are (probably) going to have to accept the first (80 MB) one before you get the smaller (8mb) one but its too early to tell for sure, Its your call what you want to do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12