Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts

Default Re: OTA Gingerbread!

is there a new radio with this new build? or is it still the 7.07 version?

This is exactly what happened to me. I wasn't even worried about the update but got sucked in when my phone said said an update was available. Now I have just been frustrated all day.

Quote Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
    So much for that. Similar to other people's experience, my phone counted down, the screen went black, I waited a couple minutes, phone didn't appear to be rebooting or doing anything, so I bumped the power button. Screen came right back as if nothing was going on. Checked version, still 2.2, so I rebooted phone. Came back up, still 2.2, no update in progress. Tried the #*#* trick, checked in, checked update status, says everything is up to date.

*shrug*

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    I followed those instructions and renamed the file using Root Explorer, but I keep getting the notification.

I can try to send the file....where do you want me to send it?
    Don't sweat it - since it's been pulled the point is moot and the file you got is most likely the Original GB update. Thanks though and good catch.

Seriously though this update is is like Bizarro Android. Come on HTC, you are not Sony.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

Got my 4.06 update finally Monday night, installed yesterday.

Everything was fine (Market even showed Verizon) until I decided to restart my phone to make sure everything took effect.

Got everything fixed back with Launcher Pro etc yesterday at work, then awoke this morning to 4.08 waiting for me to update.

So I moved everything back to the Phone from the SD Card again, cleared the Cache and tried the update. Despite having 200+ MBs free phone space, I got the Not Enough Memory to Install This Update dialogue after it restarted.

Gonna try again shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by xonium View Post
    Got my 4.06 update finally Monday night, installed yesterday.

Everything was fine (Market even showed Verizon) until I decided to restart my phone to make sure everything took effect.

Got everything fixed back with Launcher Pro etc yesterday at work, then awoke this morning to 4.08 waiting for me to update.

So I moved everything back to the Phone from the SD Card again, cleared the Cache and tried the update. Despite having 200+ MBs free phone space, I got the Not Enough Memory to Install This Update dialogue after it restarted.

Gonna try again shortly.
    Same thing happened to me!!! I had the 4.06 software from the first time arround. I woke this morning to to the 4.08 (8mb) update and and installed (or tried). The phone restarted and looked like it was doing something... then it booted and gave me the same Not Enough Memory to Install message... grrr I have plenty of room any where you look!

I got the OTA yesterday and my DINC was fine and dandy...booted up fast, faster connection to WiFi. This morning I got another notification and figured it was the patch. Accepted it. It took it's sweet time doing it's thing. When it was done, I turned it off, took out the battery, etc. Well, I now have 4.08 and the boot up & connecting to WiFi is just as slow or slower than before

Quote Originally Posted by geckobabe View Post
    I got the OTA yesterday and my DINC was fine and dandy...booted up fast, faster connection to WiFi. This morning I got another notification and figured it was the patch. Accepted it. It took it's sweet time doing it's thing. When it was done, I turned it off, took out the battery, etc. Well, I now have 4.08 and the boot up & connecting to WiFi is just as slow or slower than before
    curious...
    is fast boot still active in settings?
    is your wifi network having its own problems? just wondering if may the network is slow, rather than the DInc.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMi-X)

Fast boot has the checkmark and our Wi-Fi is running good on laptop..to clarify, Wi-Fi is running good on the DINC, just the connecting is taking longer.

ROM
    htc-kernel@u18000-149#1

All I can say is THANK YOU to all those who are on these posts! I'm not up on linux or any of this. Last time I tried programming, it was with an AMIGA DOS. Yea, that's right, even before pagers!

Folks here keep me from messin' up!

Thanks again!

I haven't seen either the 4.06 or the 4.08. I've checked System Updates and even done checkin but it still says I'm up to date. I was rooted but I'm back to stock with S-On. Any ideas? Is it possible it just hasn't rolled out in my area (Central PA)?

Quote Originally Posted by kirkman81 View Post
    I haven't seen either the 4.06 or the 4.08. I've checked System Updates and even done checkin but it still says I'm up to date. I was rooted but I'm back to stock with S-On. Any ideas? Is it possible it just hasn't rolled out in my area (Central PA)?
    They pulled the update again. One big update expected in 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    Ah, well that would be the problem. Here's hoping they actually get it right in a few weeks. Hell, I might be looking at a Nexus by then.

Thanks for the info. You guys are great!

Quote Originally Posted by kirkman81 View Post
    Ah, well that would be the problem. Here's hoping they actually get it right in a few weeks. Hell, I might be looking at a Nexus by then.

Thanks for the info. You guys are great!
    I know, right? We'll all be holding Samsungs by the time HTC gets the DInc updated properly. ha!
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMi-X)

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4

I was able to find a workaround to the "won't reboot to install" issue that doesn't require a factory reset. Take a look at: Second GB Update/Patch Won't Reboot Issue - SOLVED!

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    I'm in eastern PA. I got 4.06 on Monday or Tuesday and the notifications for 4.08 this morning. It wouldn't install because it claimed there wasn't enough space. I cancelling it and freed up some space but now I can't get the update. WTH

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

So I have the big update, and the little update, and now my HTC clock/weather widget is borked. In order to have the weather for the current city I have to have Google Location Services turned on. It won't pull from GPS or VZW Location services like it used to.

Any ideas as to how to fix? Will a factory reset resolve this?

Thanks.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Flur View Post
    So I have the big update, and the little update, and now my HTC clock/weather widget is borked. In order to have the weather for the current city I have to have Google Location Services turned on. It won't pull from GPS or VZW Location services like it used to.

Any ideas as to how to fix? Will a factory reset resolve this?

Thanks.
    Try clearing the HTC Sense Cache.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

I got an update this morning that would not install because of lack of space.

Cleared space restarted and then nada.

Currently on 4.06.605.3 CL140944 release-keys.

Did this too for good measure:

1. Boot into recovery
    2. Press and hold Power, Choose "Restart" option
    3. When screen turns off, press and hold Volume Down and Power
    4. When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.”
    5. Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.”
    6. When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
    7. Using the volume button, scroll down to “Wipe cache partition” and select it.
    8. Select "Reboot system now"

You can now wait for the update to show up again, or try one of the methods in the post:

For those who want the second GB update/patch to get the update again.

It should reboot this time.

Beware, it will stay at the Droid Eye screen after reboot for a while (~5 mins), but eventually, it did get installed. Be sure to make a lot of space for it though..

Quote Originally Posted by stonegateguy View Post
    Same thing happened to me!!! I had the 4.06 software from the first time arround. I woke this morning to to the 4.08 (8mb) update and and installed (or tried). The phone restarted and looked like it was doing something... then it booted and gave me the same Not Enough Memory to Install message... grrr I have plenty of room any where you look!
    I had the same problem as stonegateguy. HTC and Verizon have really really dropped the ball when it comes to updates.

They definitely don't have the kind of software engineering culture that Google has. This probably makes it really difficult for them to do things right.

I had to do a factory reset to get mine going. Prior to that I would just get the countdown to reboot and nothing would happen. Now i just have to try and remember what apps i had. A little spring cleaning in the app department was necessary anyway.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by moliva1568 View Post
    I had to do a factory reset to get mine going. Prior to that I would just get the countdown to reboot and nothing would happen. Now i just have to try and remember what apps i had. A little spring cleaning in the app department was necessary anyway.
    That isnt uncommon at all, many of us had to do the same thing with our Samsung Fascinates when Froyo came out and will no doubt do so again if the rumored Gingerbread update comes to pass.

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    ROM
    OEM

I JUST got the update. "4.08........ Release keys"

Its flawless so far. I love it
    YourMobileGuru likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by VZWRocks View Post
    That isnt uncommon at all, many of us had to do the same thing with our Samsung Fascinates when Froyo came out and will no doubt do so again if the rumored Gingerbread update comes to pass.
    I had to do all the tricks this morning to get the "big" 4.08 update to load. Once I unloaded some apps, cleared the system cache, and moved the date back, it went on without a hitch.

Your posts have been very helpful. Thanks!
    YourMobileGuru likes this.

i have a clockworkmod recovery and flashed dinc...got the ota but it never rebooted so i do this it fails the verify the certs.