OTA Gingerbread!

kirkman81

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen either the 4.06 or the 4.08. I've checked System Updates and even done checkin but it still says I'm up to date. I was rooted but I'm back to stock with S-On. Any ideas? Is it possible it just hasn't rolled out in my area (Central PA)?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I haven't seen either the 4.06 or the 4.08. I've checked System Updates and even done checkin but it still says I'm up to date. I was rooted but I'm back to stock with S-On. Any ideas? Is it possible it just hasn't rolled out in my area (Central PA)?

They pulled the update again. One big update expected in 2 weeks.

kirkman81

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

Ah, well that would be the problem. Here's hoping they actually get it right in a few weeks. Hell, I might be looking at a Nexus by then.

Thanks for the info. You guys are great! :)

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Ah, well that would be the problem. Here's hoping they actually get it right in a few weeks. Hell, I might be looking at a Nexus by then.

Thanks for the info. You guys are great! :)

I know, right? We'll all be holding Samsungs by the time HTC gets the DInc updated properly. ha!

imtoomuch

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

I'm in eastern PA. I got 4.06 on Monday or Tuesday and the notifications for 4.08 this morning. It wouldn't install because it claimed there wasn't enough space. I cancelling it and freed up some space but now I can't get the update. WTH

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Flur

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
So I have the big update, and the little update, and now my HTC clock/weather widget is borked. In order to have the weather for the current city I have to have Google Location Services turned on. It won't pull from GPS or VZW Location services like it used to.

Any ideas as to how to fix? Will a factory reset resolve this?

Thanks.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
So I have the big update, and the little update, and now my HTC clock/weather widget is borked. In order to have the weather for the current city I have to have Google Location Services turned on. It won't pull from GPS or VZW Location services like it used to.

Any ideas as to how to fix? Will a factory reset resolve this?

Thanks.

Try clearing the HTC Sense Cache.

dna550

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I got an update this morning that would not install because of lack of space.

Cleared space restarted and then nada.

Currently on 4.06.605.3 CL140944 release-keys.

Did this too for good measure:

1. Boot into recovery
  2. Press and hold Power, Choose "Restart" option
  3. When screen turns off, press and hold Volume Down and Power
  4. When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to ?RECOVERY.?
  5. Press the Power button to select ?RECOVERY.?
  6. When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
  7. Using the volume button, scroll down to ?Wipe cache partition? and select it.
  8. Select "Reboot system now"

You can now wait for the update to show up again, or try one of the methods in the post:

For those who want the second GB update/patch to get the update again.

It should reboot this time.

Beware, it will stay at the Droid Eye screen after reboot for a while (~5 mins), but eventually, it did get installed. Be sure to make a lot of space for it though..

ice5nake

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me!!! I had the 4.06 software from the first time arround. I woke this morning to to the 4.08 (8mb) update and and installed (or tried). The phone restarted and looked like it was doing something... then it booted and gave me the same Not Enough Memory to Install message... grrr I have plenty of room any where you look!

I had the same problem as stonegateguy. HTC and Verizon have really really dropped the ball when it comes to updates.

They definitely don't have the kind of software engineering culture that Google has. This probably makes it really difficult for them to do things right.

moliva1568

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I had to do a factory reset to get mine going. Prior to that I would just get the countdown to reboot and nothing would happen. Now i just have to try and remember what apps i had. A little spring cleaning in the app department was necessary anyway.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I had to do a factory reset to get mine going. Prior to that I would just get the countdown to reboot and nothing would happen. Now i just have to try and remember what apps i had. A little spring cleaning in the app department was necessary anyway.

That isnt uncommon at all, many of us had to do the same thing with our Samsung Fascinates when Froyo came out and will no doubt do so again if the rumored Gingerbread update comes to pass.

OHTodd

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
That isnt uncommon at all, many of us had to do the same thing with our Samsung Fascinates when Froyo came out and will no doubt do so again if the rumored Gingerbread update comes to pass.

I had to do all the tricks this morning to get the "big" 4.08 update to load. Once I unloaded some apps, cleared the system cache, and moved the date back, it went on without a hitch.

Your posts have been very helpful. Thanks!

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I got notified this morning, one stop update 87.something-or-other sized package. Took the chance...it installed, rebooted, restarted in under 15 minutes. So far so good on everything I tested. Makes/takes calls, texts, internet worked, so far no low memory... crossing fingers it stays this way.

Here's the numbers off the phone info:
Android version 2.3.4
Baseband version 2.15.10.07.07
Kernel version 2.6.35.13-g03546aa htc-kernel@and 18-2 #1 Friday Oct 7 10:52:52 CST 2011
Build number 4.08.605.2 CL 185897 release-keys
Software number 4.08.605.2
Browser version WebKit/533.1
PRI Version 1.28_002
PRL Version 52418
ERI Wersion 5

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I got notified this morning, one stop update 87.something-or-other sized package. Took the chance...it installed, rebooted, restarted in under 15 minutes. So far so good on everything I tested. Makes/takes calls, texts, internet worked, so far no low memory... crossing fingers it stays this way.

Here's the numbers off the phone info:
Android version 2.3.4
Baseband version 2.15.10.07.07
Kernel version 2.6.35.13-g03546aa htc-kernel@and 18-2 #1 Friday Oct 7 10:52:52 CST 2011
Build number 4.08.605.2 CL 185897 release-keys
Software number 4.08.605.2
Browser version WebKit/533.1
PRI Version 1.28_002
PRL Version 52418
ERI Wersion 5

Looks like you're the first member to report getting the all in one update since the build here matches the second update. :)

I guess they aren't leaving you all hanging for another two months after-all :)

g00dhum0r

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Mine updated to gingerbread and 4.06 on the 15th of this month..phone feels faster. Some of my applications dissappeared but no big deal. I have been having problem with the gmail accounts and market. I only want to have my main account linked with the market but every time i try to launch the market, it asks me to accept the agreement from my other email accounts. It is annoying. Anyone else having this problem? It used to work fine with froyo.

Also a day after the update..it asked me to update again and I accepted it. The update downloaded but after my phone rebooted it said not enough space to install update and it took me to the manage application screen so I could make some space. So i made space but the phone didnt install the update. I went to settings to manually check for updates but it said my system is up to date already. It is still 4.06. Anyone know how I can get my phone to download the update again?