Wow...Is it Incredible?

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I am shocked at all the negativity coming from this device after watch all the great review vids. My Inc. is in the mail and I was absolutely stoked to get it. I am really getting second thoughts after reading all of these posts about Bugs. I was really looking forward to dumping my Storm into an abyss never to be thought of again and now it seems like I should hang onto it. :confused:

gladesmellzgood

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I have had no issue's at all. The device is super snappy and responsive. Reception seems to read off bad but I have had no problems with dropped calls or bad voice quality. Overall I believe the device deserves all the praises it has gotten.

nosey313

Dec 23, 2009
www.remotelygood.com
I am shocked at all the negativity coming from this device after watch all the great review vids. My Inc. is in the mail and I was absolutely stoked to get it. I am really getting second thoughts after reading all of these posts about Bugs. I was really looking forward to dumping my Storm into an abyss never to be thought of again and now it seems like I should hang onto it. :confused:

Dump it. I did.

Seriously though, I've experienced the battery issue (more of a software advancing beyond battery tech situation, IMO) and the signal strength issue (software or hardware issue), but I LOVE this phone. You will wish it was available years ago.

We all need to remember that this is a gen 1 phone. There will be bugs. In the end, I think general ownership will be positive.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
There's always going to be those that are negative or hypercritical of any device. Nothing is perfect. The Incredible blows the Storm away. I have had my Incredible for 3 days now and I am totally happy with it. Ignore the negative and hypercritical because that just makes us paranoid. Just enjoy your new phone. Keep in mind there is a little learning curve. I speak from personal experience.

Limjelo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The positives of this phone FAR outweigh the little negatives here and there. I came from a Storm. Trust me, you WILL be happy. Enjoy.

mritter88

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site

I got my Incredible on the 28th (didn't preorder, and didn't go to the store until 2pm, just got incredibly lucky that I arrived right after the 2nd shipment). Anyway, I have had zero negative issues. Battery life isn't excellent but that's not surprising. It also isn't terrible, and can be greatly improved by doing simple things like turning GPS off when you're not using it and not having too many widgets/background apps pulling data constantly (I turned all of the widgets down to update every 1-3 hours or so).

Also, I'll add that I'm coming to this from a Storm as well. All of my fellow BlackBerry fans didn't want me to switch but I am SO glad I did. This phone blows the Storm out of the water in every way imaginable. Not even close. My Storm has been sitting in a drawer in my desk at home for a week now without being touched (all I did was take the memory card). Get/keep the Incredible and ditch the Storm, you'll be happy you did.

EDIT: The only reason I'm holding on to the Storm is in case I leave the country at all, since it works internationally and the Incredible does not. I could have my service switched back for a week or two.

Last edited:

alkaline

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
perfectly happy with mine. there will be little bugs with every phone ever produced. the pros FAR outweigh the cons. i LOVE mine and have no regrets about getting it. this is a very, very good phone!

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I will be receiving my my phone today via FedEx! I can't wait. I have a Storm 2 and am super excited. I know i will be pleased!!!

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate you guys for talking me off the ledge. I was nervous as well because I convinced my boss to switch from BB with me.

aolmeda

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
No reason to have second thoughts. This device is 100x better than the storm that I had. The only true complain that I have on this new device is the battery life. For the most part it lasts me all day, but, I wish it was better.

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, order the seidio extended battery ,and dont look back. Ive been very happy with the incredible. I was huge BB fan as well.

mritter88

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Take any battery issues in stride. Otherwise, this phone is the greatest thing to hit VZW ever.

True statement.

Really even Email? What service do you use?

I use Gmail and Yahoo (Yahoo is more of my backup/spam/older account, and less important). The Gmail implementation could be better but I think it works very well (and it pushes Gmail to you). I have no experience using any Exchange email on the device though, if that's what you're curious about. My only major gripe regarding the Gmail app is you can't select/copy text in a message you're reading. Also, though less significant, you have to scroll all the way to the bottom to hit "reply," there's no Menu > Reply as on a BlackBerry, and the reply button isn't stuck to the bottom of the screen, but allll the way at the end of the email, which is sometimes a pain. Luckily the screen scrolls quickly with a flick.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay