Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Alarm work when phone is on silent?

I haven't tried this yet.. but at night sometimes I get notifications (emails/texts/whatever) and it's loud and wakes me up. I'm afraid to turn my phone to vibrate/silent.

If my phone is on silent.. does the alarm go off? I have a widget on my screen that allows me to set my phone on Ringer, Ribrate, Silent as well. It's easier for me to switch into ribrate mode when at work.
    Last edited by sum spicy rice; 05-06-2010 at 11:17 AM.

I believe that the alarm should still go off even if it's on silent. I think there is an option somewhere in the settings for this but I'm not sure (just vaguely remember seeing it).

The safer solution, I think, is to put the phone in airplane mode when you go to sleep. That's what I do. It turns off all radios so you won't get any phone calls or texts or emails. That way you can leave the sound on loud and be woken up only by your alarm. Once you're awake, just turn off airplane mode and all of the texts/emails waiting for you should come in (it won't show missed calls, but you will get the voicemails at least, if there are any).
    Matt
    Using: HTC Incredible
    Formerly: BB Storm
    on Verizon Wireless

mr88 is correct...if you open the alarm and hit menu, settings you see an 'Alarm in silent mode' (first one actually) make sure it is checked and the alarms will go off overiding your current sound profile setting.

Default Re: Alarm work when phone is on silent?

Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    mr88 is correct...if you open the alarm and hit menu, settings you see an 'Alarm in silent mode' (first one actually) make sure it is checked and the alarms will go off overiding your current sound profile setting.
    This is going to sound really lame but how do you open the alarm?

When I go to Alarm - menu, The only options I get are delete, sort by recent, voice control, date & time. No option for ring in silent mode. Is this a glitch in 4.3?

Quote Originally Posted by vunmenbend View Post
    When I go to Alarm - menu, The only options I get are delete, sort by recent, voice control, date & time. No option for ring in silent mode. Is this a glitch in 4.3?
    Apparently it's broken by design. My old Bionic was silent when you told it to be.