MMS to iPhones

tvith

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Droid Eris, for the short period i had it.
How come it's impossible to send pics/mms to iPhone users from an Android OS?

No i'm not looking for the "cause the iPhone sucks" comments lol I've seen plenty of that, but i'm really curious. I can sent it to other phones/carriers just not to an iPhone.

RBasil

Mar 18, 2010
www.robertbasil.com
It's not impossible. I still own an iPhone 3GS and my wife owns a 3G and I send MMS's to both phones all of the time with no problems.

One thing to keep in mind is you are limited by AT&T size limits (like all carriers) when sending MMS's so if you take a full size photo with the Inc's 8MP camera it's going to be too big to send via MMS.

jlsnsw

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem. Everytime I have tried to send my wife a picture, she never gets it. I have received pics she sends me, but she never gets the ones I send her. I have sent numerous pics to my friends on different carriers, it just seems to be an issue with the iPhone.

RBasil

Mar 18, 2010
www.robertbasil.com
I have the same problem. Everytime I have tried to send my wife a picture, she never gets it. I have received pics she sends me, but she never gets the ones I send her. I have sent numerous pics to my friends on different carriers, it just seems to be an issue with the iPhone.

As I said above, it is NOT an issue with the iPhone. The Incredible has an 8 megapixel camera and when you take photos at full resolution some carriers (AT&T) do not allow MMS attachments larger than 600k. You need to reduce the resolution of the photo you are taking with your Incredible camera if you plan on sending the via MMS to someone on AT&T.

I send MMS images to iPhones all of the time at a smaller resolution and never have any problems.

jamesy

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
BAsil

My incredible says its resizing on the fly, but still it doesnt send? Do you do yours manually if so, then how? And why would it say its resizing when its not?

JimmyMac

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Funny you guys just mentioned it. I tried it out just now. Two friends with different phones. One with 3GS, one with a regular flip-up phone (whatever it is). I sent out one picture (8mp from the camera) with a text message tied in with it. It re-sized it down and sent it out. Both friends got it. Next I sent out just a picture (8mp from camera), without a text message. It re-sized it and sent it out. My friend with the flip-up phone got it. But my friend with the iphone did not. So I guess you need to add a quick text message with it in order for iphones to receive the pic. But do not expect the res to be high. It took the 8mp picture and shrunk it down to about 60kb.

tvith

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
RBasil, I get wat Ur saying about pic size and that's not the problem. I have my pics set to 640x480 or w/e the lowest setting is (and its not widescreen either) so its not the size of the pics.
Yea Im able to get pics from iPhone users but just can't send them. I'm gonna try sending with words and c if it goes.

*fingers crossed*

anon(7436)

Jan 13, 2010
twitter.com
I just sent a photo to my gf's iPhone 3G. Here's what I did:

1. Used stock HTC Messaging app. So much for ChimpSMS.
2. Didn't worry about photo size (here, the photo was resized to 94kb when I sent it, from 8MP default resolution).
3. Sent WITH TEXT (turned it into a slideshow).

Worked just fine. :)

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
This is an iphone issue it had nothing to do with size. If size is to big iphone should still get the mms

It is NOT an iPhone issue, it is an AT&T issue. For whatever reason, the way they have MMS set up in their systems for the iPhone causes them not to be received. This issue is specific to NON-AT&T phones sending to iPhones, especially those with high-resolution cameras. The ONLY way to overcome the issue is to shrink your image size. Using a third party messaging app like Handcent also seems to help since their compression is fairly aggressive.

xLwoodx

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
every time i send a picture mms to my friends iphones they never receive them.. so i have to resize the image before sending it?.. thats to much work.

anon(7436)

Jan 13, 2010
twitter.com
Like I said before, this works 100% of the time: stock SMS app, add text to MMS, send, and iPhone 3G/3GS users will get it every single time.

johndengler

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this same thing when I was trying to send MMS to my wife on her MotoDroid. If I include text with the picture she'll receive the picture, if no text is added, no picture message.

izzy35

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Found this out today and was utterly ANNOYED!!! But yes, the solution is to add a caption then send. Has been successful every time!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie