How do I use folders?

macjazzy

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I figured my home screens were getting crowded and I noticed when I go to add something on the popup the options are Widgets, programs, shortcut and folders.

I figured I could select folders and put all my games in it, or whatever stuff is very similar like that. So I can select that folder from my home screen and go directly to all my games, or whater.

However, I can not figure how to add anything into the folders, and I can't figure out if I can, nor how to, rename them, ie. games, instead of just folder.

Peanutbutter_N_Jelly

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Add the folder where you want then add whatever you want to put in the folder, outside of it. Long press what you want in the folder then just drag and drop like you would on a pc.

kev83202

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
to rename the folder open the folder then long press on the top where it says folder, it will open a box to enter the name.

As fas as putting thing in the folder just drag them right on top of the folder and let go. If your bringing it out from the app drawer long press then put it over the folder.

mritter88

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Note that you can't put widgets in a folder. This makes sense, but I did kind of want to make a "Settings" folder and drop some of the settings widgets from HTC in there, to give me the WiFi/GPS toggles, etc. Not a major problem though.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Note that you can't put widgets in a folder. This makes sense, but I did kind of want to make a "Settings" folder and drop some of the settings widgets from HTC in there, to give me the WiFi/GPS toggles, etc. Not a major problem though.

So THAT'S why they wouldn't go to the On/Off folder I made (Wi-Fi, Blue Tooth, Mobile, GPS and Airplane)!

4397948.gif

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Ran into a great app last night that is better than folders.

Apps Organizer

Basically, it allows you to organize your apps by type. You can then place a widget on your page for each of the types or as a group including them all.

More info: Apps Organizer (Apps Organizer)

BTW.. I'm not affiliated with it and it is a Free App.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34