WiFi keeps disconnecting...

Jolokia

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

The WiFi seems do disconnect on me after the phone has been idle for a while.

I have the WiFi sleep policy set to NEVER, and have double checked, so this is not the issue.

It seems to do it only when the phone has been idle for an hour or more. When I woke up this morning, I had to turn off WiFi, then turn it back on to reconnect.

I am using an Apple Airport Extreme, running an N network.

Any ideas here?

mritter88

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Where is the WiFi sleep timer thing? I haven't seen that setting. Is it different from the "Enable always-on mobile data" setting?

I have noticed this happening to me too, which is annoying when I'm using something like AIM and it disconnects me when I put the phone down. I just figured it was supposed to do that... haha, but if there's a setting to not turn off WiFi I'd like to know about it.

Jolokia

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Where is the WiFi sleep timer thing? I haven't seen that setting. Is it different from the "Enable always-on mobile data" setting?

I have noticed this happening to me too, which is annoying when I'm using something like AIM and it disconnects me when I put the phone down. I just figured it was supposed to do that... haha, but if there's a setting to not turn off WiFi I'd like to know about it.

Yeah when you go into settings - wireless & networks - wifi settings - press menu then click advanced, you will see the WiFi sleep policy.

Last edited:

mritter88

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah when you go into settings - wireless & networks - wifi settings - press menu then click advanced, you will see the WiFi sleep policy.

Oh wow, never knew that was there. Well sorry I couldn't answer your question but thanks for letting me know about that setting. I never tried hitting menu from within the settings.

Berrythepocket

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Ive been having the same issue. But, having had the "Enable Always On" option disable anytime it has occurred, process of elimination would say to try turning that on while wifi is enabled because I bet this could be what this option ("enable always on") means that nobody really can decipher. So this is what Im going to try and you can too we will see what the outcome is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1