The "favorites" widget and removing/ contacts?

mattwill

May 6, 2010
Visit site
How do I REMOVE or edit my contacts that I placed into the favorites widget? I cant seem to do anything once they are in there. For instance I want to make one default to SMS not a phone call.

sectachrome

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
You find the contact, and hit edit. Then go to Groups, and uncheck "Favorites" to remove them from the widget. If you want to change the default action, Im pretty sure you have to remove them and add them again.

homsie

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
You have to go into the "People" app to edit contacts. If you want to remove one from your favorites list, you need to edit the contact, go to Group and uncheck "favorites".

Also, to set the widget action for a contact, click menu, more, set widget action and select new message. One limitation here...you can only set one widget action per contact, so you can't set the same contact to dial mobile and to also send a text message. As a work around, you could set the widget to view contact and then select what you want to do from the list. It's more steps, but it's the only way to do multiple things for one contact via the favorites widget.

zdsa1021

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyway to sort them differently? Right now I can only see that they sort alphabetically. I want to put them in any order I choose. Is this possible?

homsie

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately, it's not possible to re-order the people widget (it's not actually the favorite's widget...it's the people widget with the favorites group selected). You can however, add direct dial shortcuts to a homepage or a folder and put them in any order that you want. Long press and drag them to organize on your homepage. Long press and drag them into the folder in the order that you want.

zdsa1021

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, it's not possible to re-order the people widget (it's not actually the favorite's widget...it's the people widget with the favorites group selected). You can however, add direct dial shortcuts to a homepage or a folder and put them in any order that you want. Long press and drag them to organize on your homepage. Long press and drag them into the folder in the order that you want.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I find that if the contact doesn't have a photo and then you add one, it takes a LONG time to update the favorites widget, if at all.
Even removing them from the favorites group doesn't remove them from the widget for me.

Powering down and back up to see if that will do the trick.
Yep that updated the contact to the group even though I unchecked it.
Go figure.

Last edited:

BMGRAHAM

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is a change with Jelly Bean but the way to make a contact a Favorite - at least on my Droid 4 - is to go into edit mode for the contact, and press on the title bar at the right next to the name - it adds a star if not already there (and this puts the contact in your Favorites) and removes the star if already there. I don't have a "Favorites" Group.

Smath73

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
You can rearrange your favorites on your widget ... I found out by accident this morning how to do it ... just swipe your finger down it and it will bring up the option to either remove or rearrange your contacts 😄

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz