1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts

Default Yet another facebook contacts question

Hey everyone,

I've searched this topic to death, but whether it is my lack of knowledge or inability to comprehend the replies to these threads I'm still having an issue.

When I got the phone, I opted not to sign into facebook. This includes the HTC sense or the program itself. I wanted to get my contacts all in order (I have OCD) after I got them set up perfectly, I decided I could now sync my facebook. Well, after signing in I filtered the people application so that I only saw my google contacts. That worked out well. I then read about seeing multiples of the same person in my phone and messages app when I go to compose.

I can handle this, if and only if, each entry is different (ex: girlfriend: mobile 1 girlfriend: mobile 2 etc...) but what I need to fix is the entries where I have the same person with the same phone number multiple times. They are only in my people application once, and they are linked to their facebook contact, and only show the one mobile number, however when looking them up in messages or compose email, it shows the same number formatted differently. (with two parenthesis, or dots between the numbers) where else might my phone be pulling this information, and is there anyway to eliminate the duplicates? I appreciate any and all help!

Thanks!

BUMP

i was wondering the same thing

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts

I'm seeing the same thing, too.

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    ROM
    AXIOM 2.4

this is very annoying in the phone view too because as you are typing a person's name, it will show search results from your FB friends as well.

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

Your phone is pulling those duplicate numbers from Facebook. There is a field on FB where a user can input their mobile number, and so when you sync with Facebook, it pulls those numbers. Unfortunately, for some reason, Android phones can't seem to understand that 123-456-7890 is the same as 1234567890 or 123.456.7890. I'm hoping a future patch will fix this, but until then, you're stuck with a choice: either turn off Fbook sync, or live with it.

It's annoying, for sure.
    -Strygun
    Former phone: HTC Droid Incredible
    Current phone: Motorola Droid RAZR M

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Strygun View Post
    Your phone is pulling those duplicate numbers from Facebook. There is a field on FB where a user can input their mobile number, and so when you sync with Facebook, it pulls those numbers. Unfortunately, for some reason, Android phones can't seem to understand that 123-456-7890 is the same as 1234567890 or 123.456.7890. I'm hoping a future patch will fix this, but until then, you're stuck with a choice: either turn off Fbook sync, or live with it.

It's annoying, for sure.
    Ah. Thanks! I thought I did something wrong.