Keyboard and selection sounds not working

Huffdaddy1982

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I searched this forum for answers and did not come up with anything that referenced the issue I am experiencing.

My wife and I got our Droid Incredible's Wednesday evening. Coming from a Blackberry I have been working to acclimate myself to this new O.S. and customize to my likeing. Yesterday at work I discovered the keyboard sounds could be activated so they make the click sound; this was helpful coming from a Storm 2 with Surepress.

Well, when I got home I told my wife about it, turned it on in the menu and told her to try typing a message. She did and...NO Clicking! I told her try mine while I took a look at hers and...No clicking! What happened?

Ringer and media volume are up, sound profile is set to normal and I do have haptic feedback turned on. I can not get either phones keyboard to make the click sound. Also app selection etc no longer clicks.

Anyone experienced this or have an idea of how I can try and rectify the problem?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Just tried on mine and it works here's what I did:

menu>settings>Language & Keyboard>Touch Input>Text Input under other setting make sure you have the sound feedback checked.

If that is checked and its still not working try restarting your device.

Huffdaddy1982

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Just tried on mine and it works here's what I did:

menu>settings>Language & Keyboard>Touch Input>Text Input under other setting make sure you have the sound feedback checked.

If that is checked and its still not working try restarting your device.

Sound feedback is checked; no sound for keyboard or menu/app selections. I am wondering if some other setting I changed overrides this. This is frustrating and while I am pretty good at learning my way around new devices I cant help but think this is user error as I have not read about anyone else experienciing this issue.

Still frustrated and searching for a fix.

Thanks for the suggestion though, any help and insight is appreciated.

Huffdaddy1982

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Checked with and without vibrate, uninstalled apps, no luck. Did hard reset now it works but can't login to facebook now. Time for another thread I guess argh.

xstahsie

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Problem Solved!

I searched this forum for answers and did not come up with anything that referenced the issue I am experiencing.

My wife and I got our Droid Incredible's Wednesday evening. Coming from a Blackberry I have been working to acclimate myself to this new O.S. and customize to my likeing. Yesterday at work I discovered the keyboard sounds could be activated so they make the click sound; this was helpful coming from a Storm 2 with Surepress.

Well, when I got home I told my wife about it, turned it on in the menu and told her to try typing a message. She did and...NO Clicking! I told her try mine while I took a look at hers and...No clicking! What happened?

Ringer and media volume are up, sound profile is set to normal and I do have haptic feedback turned on. I can not get either phones keyboard to make the click sound. Also app selection etc no longer clicks.

Anyone experienced this or have an idea of how I can try and rectify the problem?

Huffdaddy1982,

I am quite aware of your problem with the Droid Incredible. Last night, I was experiencing the same issue.

I had my phone for about 2 weeks now, and was able to get the Sound Feedback to work from the very beginning, so that when I text, surf the web, click on apps, etc, it would make a "clicking sound" rather than the haptic feedback (which will drain the battery).

After installing this app called Launcher Pro (beta), my Droid Incredible became RETARDED. But I'm going to only focus on this one issue that your brought up in this topic and how to fix it.

I notice that the Droid Incredible DOES NOT have a "System" sound setting. So if an app cause your system sound to go down to "0" (zero), you cannot turn it up to hear the Sound Feedback when pressing or typing.

HOW TO FIX IT: Go to the Android Market and download this free app called "cVolume". When you launch cVolume, you can turn up your system sound.

I hope this will help you in the future. I was very close to doing a hard reset like you but luckily I discovered this app through my frustration. :)

Huffdaddy1982

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Perfect, I was bummed when I lost the sound and that is a great catch. I will download the app just so that I have it in the event that an app does that again. Nice to have the control regardless.

xstahsie

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Try Audio Manager

Perfect, I was bummed when I lost the sound and that is a great catch. I will download the app just so that I have it in the event that an app does that again. Nice to have the control regardless.

Huffdaddy1982,

Try out audiomanager, instead of cVolume. It's free (not trial like cVolume), has a widget (small & large) feature, and a more professional touch to it.

A small widget is good to have to monitor all 6 audio settings + vibrate off/on feature for alerts and ringer volume.

Last edited:

jerseygirl

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Had the same issue with my Evo. These forums are a 'phone' saver...although this is not a major issue, I was kind of bummed thinking that my phone had some type of flaw.

gadgetz

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
EVO 4G No keyboard sound

Thanks to all the help on this forum, I fixed the same sound issue with my EVO. I had attemted to download that Launcher Pro but then it gave me some error message. None the less, my system sound was 0. I realized later I had no sound from the keyboard although all possible menu's had the sound checked. I downloaded a volume widget from the market and it allows me to adjust sound for Ringer, Notification, Media, Alarm, Voice call and the main culprit...SYSTEM VOLUME. The free app was, "Cvolume". The one with the highest rating. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz