Incredible data Usage

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
So I downloaded My Verizon from the market just to see how many texts and how much data I have been using with this new phone. Before with the BB I would use BBM so my texting was down to under 100 per month. However, as we all know, there is no BBM on incredible.

My bill resets on the 13th of each month. So far I have used 349247.87kb, which by my math is good for 341mb. Not bad for just 2 weeks use. Im happy I am getting my moneys worth on the data plan.

Just curious to see what everyone else's data looks like with the new incredible.

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
480mb so far but that is hard to really say for sure since I was using an Omnia before I got the DI.

I do know that I am using a lot more data than with the Omnia though.

gburns

May 3, 2010
Visit site
436mb's and moved to an unlimited txt plan due to no bbm. Was using about 250 txt, and now at 322, but I txt more due to the unlimited.

also using gtalk some.

Bullpride

May 6, 2010
Visit site
65mb since my reset on the 4th... so 2.5 days lol, oh and already 609 texts. I have been exceeding 5-6k in text per month, thank goodness for unlimited texting plans

robm15

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm three weeks into my billing cycle and using 544Meg so far! And that doesn't include the wifi usage.

I am amazed since i never had that much usage on my storm. Maybe it is just because this one is incredibly more fun!

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I have 9 days left on my billing cycle and I have already used 1.2 gigs of data. I have never broken 500 megs on my plan. Storm 1 prior to this.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
My billing period also ends on 6/13. I'm current at 1.2GB and I use WiFi as much as I can. With my BBs I was never about 100MB - browsing was too painful!

Steve in CT

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I have six days left on my billing cycle and I just hit 5.29 GB...I don't tether but I do stream Pandora a lot. It is my main internet device.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Well wireless has worked wonders for me. A bit of back story, I'm a video and audio podcast guy. I went from listening to a lot of music to a lot of podcasts. Some of these video podcast are 300mb+ for the higher bit rates. When I was on Blackberry with Verizon I was easily using up between 3-4GB a month. My podcasts per week were eating through about 800mb a week. Plus all my other data usage. It was HIGH.

But now with Android I have Doggcatcher to download via Wifi when connected so it does it faster and not over the cellular network unless I request it too. I have 8 days left in this billing cycle and it will be my first full month with the phone and currently I'm sitting at 90,790.69.

So I went from 3-4GB a month to 91MB, probably be around 120-130Mb by the end of the month.....not to mention all the youtube I was streaming over 3G with the Storm, and now I do it over WiFi, because luckily I'm around Wifi of some sort most of the day if I'm inside somewhere.

So.....I love you WiFi, and for all you who think Verizon is running faster it's because I'm not using 3G to download all my web goodies anymore lol. This has been a light month for me....I need to use my data package more!

nicball

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was just looking at my bill...the cycle worked out to one week on the Incredible. During that (8 days) I did 722,954 KB....and that was the FIRST WEEK...I'll be interested to see what the numbers look like for a full month on Android.

In contrast my storm usage 4/17 - 05/07 319,968 KB....so we're seeing over 6x the data usage!

robm15

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I read on the Verizon Wireless website that they have a 5GB limit on the unlimited data plan... So what happens when we go over 5GB?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I read on the Verizon Wireless website that they have a 5GB limit on the unlimited data plan... So what happens when we go over 5GB?

Well they charge ya extra for going over ,:p about it .I think that is where the WiFi may help out if you are a heavy user and in a "WiFi Hotspot" instead of data connect :)

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

Epic Fail. They seize your phone and kick you out of verizon, forcing you to choose between ATT, Sprint or gasp.. T-Mobile!!

Actually its really much worse....I believe they can charge you for the overage, and cancel your service. Of course if they did that, you would then be charged that $350 ETF fee if you subsidized your phone. I've heard the overage charge is something like $0.25/per mb.

My suggestion is...don't do this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781