Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By MeshiaSamurai
  • 1 Post By MeshiaSamurai
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Memory, whats the difference?

    Under Settings> sd & phone storage> i have 3 listings , sd card, internal phone storage, and Phone Memory.

    What is the difference between internal phone storage and phone memory? How do you know what is being stored where on the two?

    Is there an app that lets me view all three types of memory individually?
    Last edited by leozdad; 09-12-2011 at 11:11 AM.
  2. #2  
    Darkblue31's Avatar

    Posts
    126 Posts
    Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

    Default Re: Memory, whats the difference?

    Quote Originally Posted by leozdad View Post
    Under Settings> sd & phone storage> i have 3 listings , sd card, internal phone storage, and Phone Memory.

    What is the difference between internal phone storage and phone memory? How do you know what is being stored where on the two?

    Is there an app that lets me view all three types of memory individually?
    I think that phone memory is part of the internal memory that's partitioned away from the internal phone storage. Anyone else have the definitive answer?
    Its an Incredible feeling
  3. #3  
    MeshiaSamurai's Avatar

    Posts
    91 Posts
    ROM
    Clean Rom

    Default Re: Memory, whats the difference?

    Phone Memory is the partition where your apps are installed to from the Market. Internal Phone Storage is where photos, media and pictures are stored.

    Since the Phone Memory is limited, those of us who like to install a ton of apps usually move those we can over to the SD Card.
    Gruvylegz likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Memory, whats the difference?

    Quote Originally Posted by MeshiaSamurai View Post
    Phone Memory is the partition where your apps are installed to from the Market. Internal Phone Storage is where photos, media and pictures are stored.

    Since the Phone Memory is limited, those of us who like to install a ton of apps usually move those we can over to the SD Card.
    thanks
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Memory, whats the difference?

    It would have been awesome if they would have included the "application data space" memory space. Especially since this seems to fill up quickly on the Incredible and you only know about it being full when you get an error message.
  6. #6  
    MeshiaSamurai's Avatar

    Posts
    91 Posts
    ROM
    Clean Rom

    Default Re: Memory, whats the difference?

    Wouldn't it? The App Data partition is WAY TOO SMALL. Wish there was a way to partition more space for it; especially since I don't use my Internal Storage for much of anything.
    Gruvylegz likes this.
  7. #7  

    Question Re: Memory, whats the difference?

    Quote Originally Posted by MeshiaSamurai View Post
    Wouldn't it? The App Data partition is WAY TOO SMALL. Wish there was a way to partition more space for it; especially since I don't use my Internal Storage for much of anything.
    Do root users not have any way of tweaking the application data partition?
  8. #8  

    Exclamation Re: Memory, whats the difference?

    My phone only gives the two options of internal storage or phone memory, my previous phones had the option to move to SD, maybe new phone didn't come with one? Anyway, which option out of those two is best to keep things?
  9. #9  

    Exclamation Re: Memory, whats the difference?

    My phone only gives the two options of internal storage or phone memory, my previous phones had the option to move to SD, maybe new phone didn't come with one? Anyway, which option out of those two is best to keep things?

    In response to prior post stating:
    Phone Memory is the partition where your apps are installed to from the Market. Internal Phone Storage is where photos, media and pictures are stored.

    Since the Phone Memory is limited, those of us who like to install a ton of apps usually move those we can over to the SD Card.

Posting Permissions