Under Settings> sd & phone storage> i have 3 listings , sd card, internal phone storage, and Phone Memory.

What is the difference between internal phone storage and phone memory? How do you know what is being stored where on the two?

Is there an app that lets me view all three types of memory individually?
    09-12-2011 10:56 AM
    Under Settings> sd & phone storage> i have 3 listings , sd card, internal phone storage, and Phone Memory.

What is the difference between internal phone storage and phone memory? How do you know what is being stored where on the two?

Is there an app that lets me view all three types of memory individually?
    I think that phone memory is part of the internal memory that's partitioned away from the internal phone storage. Anyone else have the definitive answer?
    09-12-2011 02:26 PM
    Phone Memory is the partition where your apps are installed to from the Market. Internal Phone Storage is where photos, media and pictures are stored.

Since the Phone Memory is limited, those of us who like to install a ton of apps usually move those we can over to the SD Card.
    Gruvylegz likes this.
    09-12-2011 04:03 PM
    Phone Memory is the partition where your apps are installed to from the Market. Internal Phone Storage is where photos, media and pictures are stored.

Since the Phone Memory is limited, those of us who like to install a ton of apps usually move those we can over to the SD Card.
    thanks
    09-12-2011 04:21 PM
    It would have been awesome if they would have included the "application data space" memory space. Especially since this seems to fill up quickly on the Incredible and you only know about it being full when you get an error message.
    09-14-2011 06:06 AM
    Wouldn't it? The App Data partition is WAY TOO SMALL. Wish there was a way to partition more space for it; especially since I don't use my Internal Storage for much of anything.
    Gruvylegz likes this.
    09-14-2011 10:40 AM
    Wouldn't it? The App Data partition is WAY TOO SMALL. Wish there was a way to partition more space for it; especially since I don't use my Internal Storage for much of anything.
    Do root users not have any way of tweaking the application data partition?
    09-15-2011 06:19 AM
    My phone only gives the two options of internal storage or phone memory, my previous phones had the option to move to SD, maybe new phone didn't come with one? Anyway, which option out of those two is best to keep things?
    05-12-2013 06:45 AM
    My phone only gives the two options of internal storage or phone memory, my previous phones had the option to move to SD, maybe new phone didn't come with one? Anyway, which option out of those two is best to keep things?

In response to prior post stating:

05-12-2013 06:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD