Question about volume rocker

Kylazin

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I had a question about the phone's build quality. I noticed today that my side rocker button is loose. It moves ever so slightly up and down. Is it supposed to be like that? Or is my phone buttons broken? The buttons still work but I want to know if I should get a new phone.

Thanks everyone.

Kylazin

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I don't use it much either, but since the phone is so new, I don't want to accept a sub-par product. It just slides around a little, there isn't really that much wiggle room for it.

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
If it is that noticeable, why not go into a store, see if their phones are the same or different and if they are different and it bugs you that much, ask for help with a replacement?

The only downside is you may have to pay an asurian fee and get a refurb phone, but it may fix your issue. Of course with the phone being so new, maybe they will give you a new one? Can't hurt to ask?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Since nobody can hold your phone it's hard to offer advice either way. But if I wasn't satisfied with what could be a build quality issue I would swap it out for another one. Mine and the other two I have held seem pretty rock solid and don't noticeably move at all.

Kylazin

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys. I'll go to a store tomorrow and check out the models they have there. I'm a bit OCD, so I may be freaking over something very minor.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
If it is that noticeable, why not go into a store, see if their phones are the same or different and if they are different and it bugs you that much, ask for help with a replacement?

The only downside is you may have to pay an asurian fee and get a refurb phone, but it may fix your issue. Of course with the phone being so new, maybe they will give you a new one? Can't hurt to ask?

Just wondering, why would he have to pay the insurance fee? This is a brand new phone still under full warrenty. If there are a lot of refurbs around I'd like to know where they came from just a week after release. I guess they could be refurbing the review devices but even that seems like a stretch.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

Just wondering, why would he have to pay the insurance fee? This is a brand new phone still under full warrenty. If there are a lot of refurbs around I'd like to know where they came from just a week after release. I guess they could be refurbing the review devices but even that seems like a stretch.

g77rvd

May 6, 2010
Visit site

would have to agree with just checking out others in the store

Kylazin

May 4, 2010
Visit site
If its like mine is, youre more than a little bit OCD. But who knows, maybe it is busted.

I know. I notice every minute problem, and sometimes they aren't really problems at all, I just think that they are. I better like being safe than sorry when it comes to me electronic products. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49