1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock rom/rooted

Default Question on OTA gingerbread

My incredible is working great now. Is there anything I should be concerned about when I get the OTA update? Seems like all the posts I've read there are problems.

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Default Re: Question on OTA gingerbread

For all that have problems there are maybe more without. As it has been said over and over depends on the phone.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

This post will help you get ready in case you need to reset after the OTA.
    [GUIDE] Preparing your HTC Droid Incredible for the Gingerbread OTA

Other than the Sprint mixup in the market and the screen size mixup in the build prop it's actually gone surprisingly well.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

I have Updated several Phones....with No Problems at all. There is the incorrect screen size (4.3) and the Sprint-Verizon market mixup....Neither of which actually affect the phone performance in any way. They're just an embarrasing OOPS! that will likely get corrected in time...but actually make no difference. The phone's performance is much accelerated. Power down your Updated phone beside a Froyo Dinc and power them up at the same time.....Fast Boot is one quarter of the time at most.

Here's a Hint though. One thing that Does affect the phone after the Update that I have noticed..... You need to go to "Market" and pull up "My Apps" from the Menu and Update them to get the latest versions in order to get the best performance with Gingerbread. I'm betting this could solve a lot of the "problems" with non-native 3rd party apps that I've seen mentioned in various threads.

Hope this is Helpful....D

ROM
    Business Gingersense 3.0

Any idea how long before everyone receives the OTA? My DINC is rooted and I run Business Gingersense so I know that I won't be getting it, but my wife's DINC is as stock as stock gets and she still hasn't received the update? This is our first OTA since joining the android world and I was under the impression that it wouldn't take too terribly long once it began rolling out.

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ROM
    Atom on Nexus

All I know is that they roll it out by ESN or imei number but haven't seen any other updates besides that.