1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do you save attachments in Gmail?

i emailed an mp3 to my gmail account. it lets me preview the song, but i'm unable to do anything other than preview it it seems. can't save it to my sd card or use it as a ringtone. am i missing some option here? how the hell do you save attachments with a gmail account?

Blackmoon AttachSave Lite from the market.

Google is covering its own *** by not allowing potentially copyrighted works downloaded via their OS. But they leave the code open so it's easy for a third party to fix, so I ain't complaining...much lol.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thats ridiculous. it just makes me not want to use gmail as my primary email account. i can (and did) easily just send the same file to my pop account. well, at least i now know i wasn't missing some option somewhere. thanks

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    ROM
    AXIOM 2.4

Quote Originally Posted by gbhil View Post
    Blackmoon AttachSave Lite from the market.

Google is covering its own *** by not allowing potentially copyrighted works downloaded via their OS. But they leave the code open so it's easy for a third party to fix, so I ain't complaining...much lol.
    good to have app, thanks gphil.

Quote Originally Posted by indianajonze View Post
    thats ridiculous. it just makes me not want to use gmail as my primary email account. i can (and did) easily just send the same file to my pop account. well, at least i now know i wasn't missing some option somewhere. thanks
    I agree, but I can see Google's point as well.

They want fully featured phones (that can see all of Google's ads) at low cost on all carriers. Carriers love to nickel and dime with ringtones, screensavers, etc on feature phones. Google wants phones like the backflip or Zio to replace feature phones like the Rumor, so they're kissing a little bit of carrier *** in the OS.

As long as they leave the API's open so anyone can change these sort of things, I'll not ***** too much lol.

Besides -- they did enable downloads for ALL file types through gmail.com's mobile site for Android phones
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Go to gmail.com in the browser and you can download attachments just fine. I like it better than the stock gmail app because it displays my custom colors for my labels/filters too.

The GMail App for BlackBerry is the same way. It's not just on Android.

Default Opening MP3s in gmail

Quote Originally Posted by oatsack View Post
    Go to gmail.com in the browser and you can download attachments just fine. I like it better than the stock gmail app because it displays my custom colors for my labels/filters too.

Thank SOOO much! I had an mp3 file sitting in my email not able to do anything with it until reading your post about using the browser.

Love this forum AND my Incredible!!

Okay...so got the attachment just fine as I have just posted. BUT now the mp3, now set as my ringtone has one of my pictures that were on my phone attached to it - like it was the album cover! Since this is a Rodney Carrington song...it is NOT appropriate to have my granddaughter and this song related in anyway! How do I get it off???

If you install OI File manager it will enable dl's in gmail app (and adds similar functionality to a number of other apps.)