Cannot get HTC Incredible to boot

sgomon

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
First of all, I am new to this device and I could not figure out what everyone was talking about when I looked at other topics trying to find help for my problem.

I just bought a broken HTC Incredible. When I got it, it would continuously boot to the white HTC Incredible screen. I removed the battery and pressed DOWN + POWER to boot into the boot menu. After clearing storage and factory resetting, the device now boots to the white HTC Incredible screen and stays there. Selecting Recovery, just reboots to the white screen.

How can I get past this? If I need to reload it, I will. I just need instructions on how to do this.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Try this. Download the PB31IMG link from this page:
Inc. Stock Images | doug piston

Be sure to check the MD5 of the file. The mage contains a radio and you do not want to flash a corrupted file.

Rename the file to PB31IMG.zip (If you don't see the .zip on the original file that OK - it's hidden just rename the file to PB31IMG)

Put this on the rot of your SD card. Make sure you SD card is FAT32 and then boot into HBOOT. HBOOT should find the file and flash the Stock image.

Hope this helps.

sgomon

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I went through the instructions you gave. When it tried to update [1] RADIO_V2 I got Fail_PU. The rest passed. At the end it said Partition Update fail! It gave me the option to reboot. It told it to reboot. I now have a brick!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing that the radio must have been bad before the flash and that's why the radio errored out. when you installed.

You did a battery pull and all that good stuff I'm assuming.

The PB31 file is the factory load - it should have replaced everything to stock including the HBOOT and Recovery.

Sorry man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress