Optimal Camera Settings

anon(20500)

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Are there optimal camera settings for the Droid? It's very configurable and I'd like to get people's thoughts on how they have the various settings set...

R

Roy Aguilera

I messed around some and set mine as follows.
Brightness -1
Contrast 0
Saturation +1
Sharpness +1
White balance auto
Resolution 8MP
Quality high.
I will post a sample pic

Limjelo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
My recommendation for the everyday user is to leave most settings on Auto and leave your resolution as high as possible.

If you're feeling adventurous, you can adjust your ISO if you're in low light situations. The drawback to ISO is that if you forget to adjust back to 100 or Auto, your photos will be "noisy" when they don't need to be. Noise is that pixelation you see in low-light situations.

Another user recommended Vignette from the app store. I've downloaded it but just haven't had much time to play around but it offers a ton of options and settings to add that extra something to your photos.

My best advice. Trial and error... Play around and see what works and what doesn't.

R

Roy Aguilera

Thats what I did.
I took 7 seven pictures with different settings (same location seconds apart). Then viewed them side by side. I did this with 3 different locations and liked that settup best.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781