Very strange occurance...

Scopic

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Okay so today I get a call from a friend.

It shows his picture/name/number and everything. I pick the phone up and it sounds like an automated soundboard of some guy asking where "jerry" is. I thought this was a prank by my friends at first so I hang up.

I get another call about 10 minutes later from a different friend. It also shows his picture/name/number etc. and I answer. I get some automated thing of some guy telling me to stop calling his phone.

I talked to both my friends and neither of them said they called me.

I'm getting another call from the same person as I'm typing this, which means it's another automated one.

How is this possible? Has this happened to anyone else? And how can I stop this?

Keep in mind this has never happened on my old phone, only on the Incredible.

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Have you recently installed any apps on the phone? Maybe one of these has a bug or something? Shot in the dark...i've never heard of this.

Unless its one of those things on the internet that spoofs numbers, and maybe all of your calls are friends pranking you?

Scopic

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Have you recently installed any apps on the phone? Maybe one of these has a bug or something? Shot in the dark...i've never heard of this.

Unless its one of those things on the internet that spoofs numbers, and maybe all of your calls are friends pranking you?

I've ruled out my friends as being the prankers.

One of the ones who called was driving to Philly at the time of the call...

I'll check my apps, though.

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
True, and I don't know how these number spoofer things work or even if they are real, but say your friend spoofs a different friends number...to make it look like friend b was calling...say the guy driving?

But if the friends in question don't know each other..I have no idea then. Hopefully its not some sort of smartphone virus...i've seen the apps out there for protection against them though I've never felt the need to use one.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Very odd, I've never heard of this. My daughter was getting some odd calls on her dumb phone, and after we updated her phones software (I believe with *228), it has stopped.

Scopic

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
The last app I installed was Guitar Solo Lite.

I doubt that could have been it. And all of my other apps are from trusted sources (Google, VZW, etc).

It looks like it has stopped for now. I'll update if I find anything new.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci