Charging - having problems :/

BadPeekSell

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Today it seems like I'm not able to charge my phone :confused: it's been "gaining" a couple % points an hour, at most... I've restarted the phone, and it seems to improve the charging "speed", but still I can say with assurance that till now it's been charging much faster, till today.

Anyone has seen this with their Incredibles?

BadPeekSell

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
No, but I'm guessing (and hoping) that it's the case of a bad power source (usb port in this case). I'll have to keep an eye on this when I charge my phone at home via the wall socket.

rew001

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I have not. I have however seen that charging through a wall socket is MUCH faster than a computer will charge it through USB.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I have not. I have however seen that charging through a wall socket is MUCH faster than a computer will charge it through USB.

+1 charging off USB on a computer is slow. I don't know about being THAT slow, but it's slow.

BadPeekSell

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Looks like it has picked up the charging speed after I've restarted the phone. @ 100% after about 2 hours of charging (going up from 25%).

anon(7436)

Jan 13, 2010
twitter.com
USB via computer is a "trickle" charge. Very slow. Not great for battery life. Wall charging method is a lot better for your battery's life and for charging it quickly.

draken

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Wall charger charges at 5 volts 1 amp.
USB charges at a max of 5 volts 0.5 amps.

Some USB ports may be less than that especially if you are using an unpowered UBS hub. And from what I've read about lithium batteries, they like a slower charge rate as it generates less heat and heat is the enemy of these types of batteries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781