Why is the ACCESSIBILITY option greyed out?

dgalanter

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I click Menu > Settings > Accessibility, and in there, is another level called Accessibility, but I can't click it.

This happening for anyone else?

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
It is already so accessible their is no options needed. :)

Actually, the only accessible thing I saw about the phone was related to hearing aids.

dgalanter

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I have a friend with Usher's Syndrom and it would be nice if the inverted colors/high-contrast option were there. Anyone know of a widget to do this?

NeveSSL

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I have many friends with disabilities, one of whom was just asking me last night if I knew how accessible the Incredible was (I used to work in Adaptive Technologies). I told her I wasn't sure. Maybe Froyo will have some nice updates? I agree wholeheartedly that high contrast and large fonts should be included, with the option of having different colors of contrast, too.

I think I may contact HTC about this.

Brandon

NeveSSL

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Sweet. Lets both contact them individually and see what they say. I've heard before that some companies consider a letter as though it represents around 1,000 customers. Not sure how much truth is in that, though. Can't hurt to try!

Brandon

octt

May 26, 2010
Visit site
enable accessibility option in android

the following apps will show up under Settings -> Accessibility:TalkBack, SoundBack and KickBack. these are all free downloads from the market

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol