Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Showing battery as percentage

I understand each block represents 10%, but is there away to actually show the exact %?

Global Posts
    7,079 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Unfortunately I think it is in the Android Os to only report in % of 10. Even on ROMs (not for the Incredible) that have batt % displayed it displayed in 10's.

Not sure if there are any widgets or apps that read this more accurately but I havent seen one.
    Follow Us on Twitter
    [@jareddipane]
    [@AndroidCentral]
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thank you for the quick reply Jared.

Battery Left is a very useful widget. will show you % and est. time remaining.

i agree battery left is pretty damn nice.

several other apps will show the % in full in the notification bar but you cant get rid of the stock battery icon
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, One+, Venue Pro 8 & Nook HD+
    www.twitter.com/howarmat

I like the face it doesn't show me. I have deleted all my battery widgets...I don't compulse over the battery left.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Battery Status Pro will give you a little white battery icon in your notifications tray with the battery percent in it. I've been using it since launch and it works great.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison

You can plug it in and click the clock/weather home screen widget and it tells you how much is left on the battery along with other info.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalanter View Post
    You can plug it in and click the clock/weather home screen widget and it tells you how much is left on the battery along with other info.
    what he said. just click on the clock/weather widget if you're using it and it shows the batt% in the lower right corner

Many good ideas already presented. There are many free battery widgets/apps in the marketplace.

in the default clock/weather app i see nothing about battery %
    ~Matt
    www.twitter.com/howarmat

I don't see the percentage either. Can someone please clarify?

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    in the default clock/weather app i see nothing about battery %
    If you click on the clock widget when the phone is plugged in, it will show the battery %

ah i dont have it plugged it....stupid thought here, why would you really care what % you are at if you are plugged in and charging. i only want to know how much is when UNPLUGGED lmao
    ~Matt
    www.twitter.com/howarmat

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

I use the HTC Battery widget from the Market, small lightweight and just what I need.

you should install that battery widget, and put it on your homescreen, because not only does it give percentage, but it also gives you the voltage of the battery. i find that monitoring the voltage is much better than looking at the percentage. i know at 4.167 V my battery if fully charged, etc. and just watch it drop thru the day.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Yea the HTC Battery Widget gives you the Voltage and Temp, works flawlessly for me.