Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What is this??

I'm not sure exactly what this is or where it came from. Its named Flashlite Plugin by HTC Corp. Its in my downloaded app list. I was wondering what this does or if its okay to delete. Thanks for any help.

you need it, its part of the browser to play flash enabled websites
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, One+, Venue Pro 8 & Nook HD+
    www.twitter.com/howarmat

It's Adobe Flash lite.

You won't be playing Farmville with it, but things like flash based menus and embedded videos work really well. Don't try delete it, it's a good thing
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Flashlite is the lite version (hence flash'lite') of adobe. It is used to render certain web content successfully. So I wouldnt remove it nor do I think it can currently be removed anyway. It is not a flashLIGHT app (just in case you were wondering).
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

sounds to good to me. i'll leave it alone. i just dont remember seeing it when i first got the phone and after a few people have played with it i saw it. didn't know if they downloaded something. thanks

You have the option turn flash off in the broswer settings. You're better off leaving it and disabling it if you feel like not seeing flash.
    I did and don't see major differences except for not seeing as many ads

Quote Originally Posted by joverman View Post
    I'm not sure exactly what this is or where it came from. Its named Flashlite Plugin by HTC Corp. Its in my downloaded app list. I was wondering what this does or if its okay to delete. Thanks for any help.
    I do not see "Flash Lite" in my Downloaded Apps list. Where do I go to download/install it?

Thank you in advance.

It comes on the Inc. No need to dl it.