Streaming radio sounds metallic

Chaz#AC

May 5, 2010
Visit site
When I use streaming radio, it sounds metallic. It doesn't matter which app...Pandora, StreamFurious, XilaLive. Is there some setting that I should be using? Or maybe a different app?

Thanks.

bark8015

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I use the speaker for streaming, it always sounds metallic on mine as well. But if I switch to headphones (wired or bluetooth) it's crystal clear. It's probably just how your speaker sounds.

Chaz#AC

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Actually, it's the headphones that sound that way. It is Sony MDR-V150.

Those are the headphones that were given to me at work. I guess maybe I need to invest in some higher quality headphones? Would that get rid of the metallic sound?

bark8015

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
That may help. But before you blow money you don't need to spend, have you tried listening to MP3s played from your phone? If the MP3s are also metallic, then it's likely your headphones. If they are clear, then your phone may not be processing the network data stream very well.

You could also test streaming with WiFi connected and the phone radio off, and then reverse that.

I use these when I use the FM radio function, and these any other time.

The Motorolas are a little pricey, but I find them comfortable with great sound.

I also generally play audio with the media player, but I also use the iheartradio app for streaming and I don't notice any issues.

Last edited: