Thinking of switching from Sprint Pre to Verizon Incredible

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a Palm Pre on Sprint and have been thinking of switching to Verizon to get a Droid Incredible. Has anyone here switched from the Pre or Pre Plus to the Incredible and if so how do the phones compare?

I like the Pre and webOS but I keep getting the all to familiar "Too Many Cards" error so that cancels out the benefits of having a great multitasking OS and the thing is that the build quality on the Pre is not very good.

I think I would prefer an on-screen keyboard. Switching to Verizon would cost more monthly but I would also be getting better signal strength. I have already had to get an insurance replacement for the Pre for a crack at the USB port.

I know I could wait for the EVO 4G on Sprint, but that phone seems too big for something I would want to carry around judging by the comparison pics I have seen of it. I would have preferred something smaller like the now cancelled nexus one on Sprint.

My other option is to wait until June 7th and see if Apple releases the iPhone on Verizon. If I got an Incredible now, would it be difficult to switch to an iPhone in June?

Thanks for any input.

dgalanter

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I think the Incredible is a great phone and I'm VERY happy with it.

I think the EVO will be cool, but the 4G will only be available in very selective areas for a while to come, so I'm not sure what that gets you.

The only thing stopping you from upgrading to another phone in June would be cost. Probably have to buy it outright or add a line to your account if you can't.

gburns

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I moved from a BB to the incredible and the only thing I keep telling my BB friends is that it is the iPhone sleekness and the BB power to do things. BTW, Sprint has an agreement for now with vzw to roam on their towers or something. Just an interesting point.

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
About six months ago i tried switching to AT&T to get an iPhone. No one I knew had AT&T for wireless but the coverage maps showed my address as best and I couldn't get any signal at all in my neighborhood. And I do know that Sprint roams on Verizon cause my Pre switches to roaming a lot at my house and I usually get a better signal when roaming. While the Evo looks like a great phone, I don't want something that big and thats why I was leaning on getting a nexus one.

How is the build quality of the Incredible? I have used a palm phone or PDA for years and its seems like the quality of the hardware keeps going down. Has anyone who switched from a Pre to an Incredible and any regrets?

anaphora68

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I switched from a Pre to a Droid. Before that, I switched from an HTC Hero to a Pre. Here is my two cents.

I personally did not care for Sense, at least not on the Hero, running on top of Android 1.5. I have played with the Incredible, and it is nice. Sense is still not for me.

My experience with Verizon has been a lot better. The network is faster here in Philly, and overall, the Droid (and the Incredible) is a lot faster.

leathernuts#WP

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
you are trying to compare a phone that is in a whole different league. I did have the pre plus for 3 weeks. I ditched the phone and went back to my Moto Droid. Why? Because WEB Os is not and will not get the love from the developers. The build quality of the phone was bad as well. I went through 4 in those 3 weeks. The concept of the phone was great, but was not quite there. Now I have the Incredible and it makes my Droid seem like last years phone. This thing is unbelievable. Extremely fast. Feels great in the hand. Easy to type on. Just need Pocketinformant and it will be perfect.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
WebOS is very nicely polished in terms of User Interface... it probably has the best out of all the phones I've tried. So easy to use that it's hard to use other phones without gestures.

However, I wouldn't change carriers yet.
First of all, you could wait for the HTC Evo.
Secondly, you could see what HP and Palm have in store...

I would just wait it out. Unless you really want to go to Verizon, then I would suggest getting the Incredible.
Otherwise, HTC Evo is looking good until Palm+HP come out with something.

sanscritt

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I moved to Verizon and the Palm Pre plus. Really liked the os, but the build quality and form factor sucked. Moved to Droid eris and fell in love with Android.

I now have the Incredible and all I can say is it is...Incredible. I really liked the Webos, but nothing beats Android.

To put it in perspective I have had every os on alot of phones (Symbian, Winmo, Webos, Android, Palm, BB) and Android beats them all especially on the Incredible.

At this point I will probably never have a non Android phone and the Incredible's form factor is great. With Swype i don't miss the physical keyboard (HTC touch pro 2 had the best keyboard on a phone) and live wallpapers rule!

My .02, but had them all and am very happy where i ended up.

Jerry

SeanNYC76

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Careful!!! Rule of thumb, think about your pricing before anything, especially if you have a great deal with Sprint. Also like someone said, it is like apples and oranges! 2 very different phones the pre and incredible. Android is awesome, however my advice would be to check out the EVO on your provider first before doing anything at all. If you try it you have 30 days to make up your mind, and then at that point you'll be able to see how the form factor works for you. if its not your cup of tea, vzw will most likely have there crap together and be stocked up in the stores for you to try and buy. IMO the incredible is a little buggy right now, but with an update and a few fixes, it'll be hard to beat down the road...

xberzerkx

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I have been a bb user for a long time and also used a pre for a few months. I made the switch to the Incredible, and have been very happy with the switch. I don't think I can use any other device besides Android devices.

It doesn't look good for the iPhone coming to Verizon right now.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Careful!!! Rule of thumb, think about your pricing before anything, especially if you have a great deal with Sprint. Also like someone said, it is like apples and oranges! 2 very different phones the pre and incredible. Android is awesome, however my advice would be to check out the EVO on your provider first before doing anything at all. If you try it you have 30 days to make up your mind, and then at that point you'll be able to see how the form factor works for you. if its not your cup of tea, vzw will most likely have there crap together and be stocked up in the stores for you to try and buy. IMO the incredible is a little buggy right now, but with an update and a few fixes, it'll be hard to beat down the road...

Except for the part about the DI being buggy, I agree. Wait and check out the EVO - you might like it and it could be the best thing for your service and pocketbook.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech