Auto-text?

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
So I just switched over to Android from BlackBerry, and I must say I'm really loving it. One of the few things I miss about BlackBerry is the autotext. So, for example I could write "il" and it would automatically change it to "I'll", and the same thing for "hel" to "he'll" and "wel" to "we'll". Does Android have that functionality and if so, how do I set that up? Thanks!

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Did you go through the setup widget? Or process or whatever its called? I thought there was something in there where it kinda learned how you type or something like that.

I haven't changed any setting like what you speak of that I know of, and my phone does predict stuff pretty well. I think it gives you choices above while you type too.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately that doesn't quite give me what I'm looking for. I'd like to set it so that when I type "il" and hit space, it will automatically type "I'll". The only thing I can find is the custom dictionary, which is something different. Oh well. Thanks anyway!

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
to answer your question, no there is no way to have autotext the way that bb has it. w

it sucks, because i would type out complete sentences that i used often and then have it so if i typed a couple words it would fill it in..

(ie, "l8t" would write "i'm running late")

i don't remember if any of the other keyboards in the market had this ability, once i turn my phone back on i'll check it out for you.

cyril_06

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Hello,
yes! "Smart Keyboard PRO" on the market has this auto-text feature like on the BB, you can define shortcuts as on your example: "l8t -> i'm running late"

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
This is one feature that I don't want to give up when and if I make the switch to Android. AutoText comes in very handy.

adrianq

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have any concerns regarding the possibility of Smart Keyboard (or any keyboard replacement) capturing what is typed or less than friendly reasons?

Just curious.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke