For those that got the OTA GB update - get your new phone
11-20-2011 01:37 AM
- I like everyone else who got the GB OTA update a week or two ago have had nothing but issues. For me it was issue with an even more decreased battery life, Apps not working, Sound Rocker on the phone changing to some hideous sounding monstrocity, Text message issues. The display of course was listed as a 4 inch screen when it wasnt and I now had access to Sprint apps on the market.
I decided to do a factory reset to see if that would help my issues. But like I have read elsewhere it just came back with the same version of the OS that I didnt want.
I finally called verizon and informed them of all of my issues, Informed them that I already did a factory reset, and informed them (nicely) that I was getting tired of paying for a phone that wasnt working as it should do to no fault of my own.
They informed me (after getting to 2nd level support) that they are replacing all Droid Incredible phones that have recieved this update with Incredible 2's.
My call was placed yesterday and my phone will be at my house today before 3pm. I just figured I would share this with those that are having the issues. It may be worth the time with a call instead of waiting for another patch to hopefully fix this.
Good luck09-23-2011 08:21 AMLike 1
The new incredible 2 that i am being sent will have an additional 90 day warranty in case anything happens during that time....this I was told is standard from Verizon with replacement phones.
I definately am not paying anything extra for this. It is 100 percent on Verizon or else I would have just dealt with the issues until I could upgrade (I believe I will be able to in March...that should be 20 months).09-23-2011 09:30 AM
- damn, almost wish now that i had gotten the update. i've been going back and forth about rooting my phone again (after spending several hours unrooting it for the update) and manually applying the update, but something tells me that they'd know if i got the update or not09-23-2011 11:34 AM
- 09-23-2011 02:51 PM
It is very likely that the OP's phone was messed up, and rather than tell him to wait for however long an update that will fix his problem, they just swapped him out. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Kudos to VZW for doing this. IMHO the update to the update should be coming soon.09-23-2011 04:28 PM
- I manually updated to gingerbread, at first it messed up a bunch of apps as widely discussed throughout this forum and kept getting the "low space" message. So I did a refresh of the phone, backed up everything with mybackup pro and then reinstalled everything as it was before the update. . .it runs awesome now. . .have had my dinc since it first launch on Verizon. Happy with it (except battery life really stinks now), and will upgrade once I see the new phones coming out (Nexus, Vigor and LG Rev2) as I'm looking for a bigger screen, dual core, and 4G09-25-2011 01:07 AM
- At first, I had no problems after the upgrade. But, I've noticed that none of my email is synching anymore. I'm also now seeing the "Low on (storage) space" icon all day long.
If a reset doesn't fix this, I'm going to try to get a new phone sent to me.
Curious . . . to the OP, did Verizon make you accept a new 2-yr contract because of the new phone?
I had VZW level 2 tech on the phone while I did my reset. Before the reset, she offered to allow me to upgrade early, but I'm holding out for a Nexus Prime or Vigor.
The factory reset fixed every problem (thus far, anyway). Highly recommend anyone with a problem just try the factory reset first.
[/edit]09-25-2011 12:22 PM
- My Dinc rebooted last week. Ever since, the only email that is syncing is Gmail. I'm also frequently getting the low storage warnings. I wondered if I unknowingly received Gingerbread...but the build number hasn't changed.
The device says there are no pending system updates. Can I download and manually install the legitimate Gingerbread update somewhere?09-25-2011 07:27 PM
- I think it is very unlikely that this mess with result with OG Dinc's being stuck on Froyo.
It is very likely that the OP's phone was messed up, and rather than tell him to wait for however long an update that will fix his problem, they just swapped him out. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Kudos to VZW for doing this. IMHO the update to the update should be coming soon.09-25-2011 08:16 PM
Personally I am waiting for the next update which will no doubt be here in a few weeks.09-25-2011 08:20 PM
- I can confirm Verizon is replacing the Dinc1 with the Dinc2 as a replacement for OTA issues. Just got off the phone with Verizon today. This is my result.
This is my wife's phone
HTC Incredible - Gingerbread OTA - Current Issues09-26-2011 04:18 PM
- 09-26-2011 04:33 PM
- 09-26-2011 04:35 PM
- Just called up Verizon to tell them all the problems I have had with BOTH of my Incredibles (2 of them) since the OTA update.
They got me to their level 2 support and he said that due to ordering the phone April 29 2010 that they were both out of warranty and he could not issue a replacement.
I explained that this was Verizon's problem since they pushed the OTA update and that the phones are both worthless at this point. I told him that either HE or WE are going to have to speak to his supervisor.
He checked with his supervisor and after 5 to 10 min came back and said he would be sending 2 HTC Incredible 2's as replacement for both phones.
The biggest problems I had were "low application data space" and "phone storage space is getting low" errors, force closes and apps that would not work, phone lock ups so bad I had to pull the battery and 1 of the Incredible is having Bluetooth issues. Almost all problems persisted after the factory data resets and formatting of the SD cards and internal phone storage I did. The funny thing is that my father's DINC never had any memory errors until Gingerbread and he only has like 50 apps, never texts and does not use the HTC mail app.09-26-2011 06:59 PM
- I have been waiting patiently for the 2.34 update, but to no avail. Phone calls to Verizon have been fruitless, they just say "it is being rolled out in stages" and "you just have to wait". No I am not so sure I want it to come if it going to break everything. Unless of course they are willing to give me a dinc 2 to make up for the bad software09-27-2011 09:05 AM
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- Droid Incredible Series
- Verizon Droid Incredible
For those that got the OTA GB update - get your new phone
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD