Phone picks email address instead of phone number when fwd sms/mms

pdogg57

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have an Incredible and this is my first time posting on this forum. I've been searching but I can't seem to find anything regarding this. Tell me if you guys are having the same problem..
Every time I forward an sms/mms to a group my phone automatically chooses to send the message as an email to those people that have an email address in their contact info. Anyone that does not have an email address in their contact info has the message sent normally to their phone.
I either have to pick every contact individually or go back and change the email addresses to phone numbers before I send the message for this not to happen. I can't a find a way to fix this. :confused:
Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
In the stock messaging app no. In handcent there is an option that's asks if you only want to see contacts with mobile numbers.

Handcent is the best!

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this last week as well. My solution is to initiate the message a different way:

People>groups>select group>slide to group actions>send sms.

pdogg57

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this last week as well. My solution is to initiate the message a different way:

That's a good fix for sending original messages. Thanks.
I'm still having this problem send fwd's though.

Anyone else have a fix?

pdogg57

May 8, 2010
Visit site
In the stock messaging app no. In handcent there is an option that's asks if you only want to see contacts with mobile numbers.

Handcent is the best!

I just started messing around with handcent. Seems pretty cool. How do keep the stock mesaging app from receiving message so you do get two? Thanks.

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

That's a good fix for sending original messages. Thanks.
I'm still having this problem send fwd's though.

Anyone else have a fix?

Copy the text of the message you want to forward, then repeat the steps I gave and paste?