If so many people like the Incredible then why this...?

R

Roy Aguilera

Because people still do not know how to use this phone. Incredible, I Know.

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Happy and content people rarely complain or make comments. It is the ones that have some issue or think they have been harmed or cheated that are the most loudest.

The site has a total of 38 reviews. Figure there are more than 100k users now. I would also imagine that most of them never write reviews and few even know what that site is.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Bad reviews come from people not doing there home work or from not believing the info that they have found . Before I had this phone I new that the battery would not be as strong as a bb also I new that the screen would get washed out in the sun.
Guess what when I got the phone the battery was not as strong as my bb and the screen gets washed out in the sun .
Here is one more secret everyone the email is also not as good as bb.
So to the op I don't know if you have the phone or are contemplating getting it. I think it is a strong device and will do its job well. The biggest problem is the signal issue but I am sure there is a fix in the works.
ANYONE CONTEMPLATING BUYING THIS PHONE READ AND BELIEVE THE FEW PROBLEMS. DO NOT BUY A INCREDIBLE AND THEN COMPLAIN THAT IT'S A TERRIBLE PHONE BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE THAT THE BATTERY WAS WEAK.
(sorry for the rant on your thread but I had to get it out )

mmcconaughy

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Bad reviews come from people not doing there home work or from not believing the info that they have found . Before I had this phone I new that the battery would not be as strong as a bb also I new that the screen would get washed out in the sun.
Guess what when I got the phone the battery was not as strong as my bb and the screen gets washed out in the sun .
So to the op I don't know if you have the phone or are contemplating getting it. I think it is a strong device and will do its job well. The biggest problem is the signal issue but I am sure there is a fix in the works.
ANYONE CONTEMPLATING BUYING THIS PHONE READ AND BELIEVE THE FEW PROBLEMS. DO NOT BUY A INCREDIBLE AND THEN COMPLAIN THAT IT'S A TERRIBLE PHONE BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE THAT THE BATTERY WAS WEAK.

+1 I felt the exact same way!

xsfspeed

May 3, 2010
Visit site

+1 I felt the exact same way!

+1 Disenchantment often stems from unrealistic expectations and/or lack of research. I love my Incredible!:D I guess I have to start leaving reviews all over just like the trolls. LOL! :rolleyes:

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
+1 Disenchantment often stems from unrealistic expectations and/or lack of research. I love my Incredible!:D I guess I have to start leaving reviews all over just like the trolls. LOL! :rolleyes:
I am so happy that I am not alone in this. I really get annoyed about this , posters have to realize what a wide market phone makers are selling to and be happy that such great devices are out at all. I read a thread on cb the other day titled "incredible keyboard less than incredible" sum and substance the op wrote that the screen did not work in both views, and that they could not type on the screen (i feel this screen is the fastest to type of all smart phones ). Now really was that post no less thread necessary or even correct ?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Each to his own, I think the phone is perfect for ME. The screen in the sunlight "problem" I've had across blackberry's and even regular flip phones. The battery issue isn't really an issue depending on what you have read on forums or are willing to try. The camera.....who cares......it's primarily a communications device not a camera. If you are that picky about how your photo's look then you should have already purchased a DSLR, because after all a $600-$1500 or more camera will always produce a better picture than a $500 or less do it all device.

I understand that some people have issues with the phone, but what phone has come out that everyone who bought it didn't have defects, bugs, or something else to complain about? To anyone looking to buy a new phone......do your research look at what to expect about the phone and expect those results. If you get those results you don't get disappointed as much because you knew what you were in for. My experience with buying phones is listen to the loudest group about the phone and those are normally the lesser than 5% crowd, more often than not the phone works as expected, and this one did that and then some.

chomsky1

Banned
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
On review sites as the sample size of reviews increases the rating will in most cases go down...the early adopters of a phone will normally be the loudest in praise of it. I agree w/most of the previous posters; as long as a phone doesn't gain a terrible at-large reputation (like the first generation BB Storm) then the only opinion that matters is your own. I personally can't keep the phone physically out of my hand, both for utility and fun.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
i am not happy.... battery SUCKS.....volume rocker is on the wrong side......4 hours to charge..... vzw has verified i am at a 90% drop call ratio.....they want to send a replacement but there back ordered....we want back and checked i only had 7% drop call ratio on my moto droid...

sgtmilstack

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
i am not happy.... battery SUCKS.....volume rocker is on the wrong side......4 hours to charge..... vzw has verified i am at a 90% drop call ratio.....they want to send a replacement but there back ordered....we want back and checked i only had 7% drop call ratio on my moto droid...

well at least they thought about the lefties. :eek:

I can't say anything about the battery (don't have one yet, waiting), but from what I've read, its mediocre to poor.

Call drop ratio is insane. Sounds like a phone nearly DOA. I hope that those back ordered D. Inc's have revised HW/SW.

Good luck.

csalem77#AC

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Came from a blackberry storm 2 and can't believe how much better this is! Other than the battery life (which I was well aware of before I purchased it) its the best phone I've ever had!!!

SeanNYC76

May 3, 2010
Visit site
This phone could be the best out there! However its not until all the bugs are fixed... a phone with call quality issues, signal strength issues, rebooting issues, dust beneath the screen issues etc, should not be released for prime time. I dont want to rant, but seriously I have been around plenty of phones, and have never had this many issues within such a short period of time. And I am not alone, nor am I a fan boy of any one device or company. I own a slew of blackberries, Nokias, and Apple devices and I must say this has the potential to slay em all. But HTC and Verizon as of late have botched plenty of releases and devices. The Nexus one still suffers from terrible 3G coverage issues, and touch screen problems with no fix in sight. Seriously, I'm missing my 3Gs! Not because of the brand it is, but the amount of non problems I've had with it. Hopefully these bugs do not exist on the EVO, and the ones on the incredible get fixed sooner then later! Became as I said, this phone could be the absolute best out there.

iowabowtech

May 6, 2010
Visit site
What kills me is that people don't give technology (specifically software) a chance to catch up!! You have to expect a few minor bugs with a new phone particularly those running Android...takes a lil bit for the devs to work out little quirks when their programs are suddenly applied to a new, formerly untested device. And that's coming from a former Blackberry diehard.

In a short time, we'll all be having some laughs at "way back when" when this or that little bug was still a factor.

SeanNYC76

May 3, 2010
Visit site
What kills me is that people don't give technology (specifically software) a chance to catch up!! You have to expect a few minor bugs with a new phone particularly those running Android...takes a lil bit for the devs to work out little quirks when their programs are suddenly applied to a new, formerly untested device. And that's coming from a former Blackberry diehard.

In a short time, we'll all be having some laughs at "way back when" when this or that little bug was still a factor.

My friend is a beta tester for Verizon, and this phone has been tested since January of this year! He told me way back then the phone was buggy, and guess what it still is. I am a firm believer in second chances. However after the Nexus fiasco, I would seriously think HTC would want to deliver as good as a product as it can. And what really gets me is that neither Google nor HTC admit there is a problem with the 3G on the Nexus. Will they do the same to use with the incredible issues, Verizon already has! When I called up, they said I'm the first one to say there was a signal issue and to exchange it. Mean while when I called the store and spoke to the Manager I know, he said he gets a ton of phonecalls a day with people asking if they have stock, and will they do an exchange. I hope a fix is in the air, cause Android is awesome in alot of ways.

Clymmer#AC

May 12, 2010
Visit site
For the battery problem: load Advanced Task Killer. I did that and it tripled/quadrupled my battery life. There are just some apps that run in the background and devour battery life that don't need to be running. Seeing which apps are auto-running in the background was quite surprising.

As for the volume rocker...bah...that's your preference not HTC's problem. I'm a righty and that volume rocker is fine. The biggest impact to that was buying the glossy silicone case which "deadened" the buttons so that they're not activated everytime I pick up the device and hit them by accident.

VZW call drop ratio: yup...sounds like you got a lemon unit. That stinks, but at least they're going to send you a replacement. I've yet to drop a call on mine and I've had it since opening day. I hope the new unit works for you.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
People like to pick at new devices but I can only say that the Incredible has lived up to its name for me. I have not had any issues at all.