Exchange mail reset to manual download from "as items arrive"

nopants

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
and it's been doing this all day. I have the HTC email client set up with Gmail as an exchange server and "as items arrive" set as the polling frequency. This has been working great until today and now, when I open the mail program and go to settings, I see that the download frequency is reset to "manual".

So I make it "as items arrive" and back out of mail. Open it up again, check settings, reset to "manual". Set again, power phone off and on, pull battery, change to polling time of 5 minutes - no effect. Each time I re-open mail, I see that it is set to manually download email.

It will retainother settings in the menu, just not that one.

The only things I have been doing different today - I was playing around with turning 3g off in favor of WiFi (but I have done this in the past to test battery life using one vs. the other, no issues with email).

re-downloaded QuickSettings because it appears that the APN glitch has been patched over in the latest release. I'm able to connect to both 3g and WiFi so this doesn't appear to be a thing.

And this is the other random thing, I labeled one of my Weather Channel locations as "home" so the temp was showing up in the notification bar. That's when I started noticing that my email notifications weren't showing up anymore. Up to today I've rarely opened my email app from the shortcut - usually just by flicking down from the status bar updates. Which I'm no longer getting.

Haven't been able to fine anyone else griping about this, so am I the only one? Any thoughts as to why I'm getting this random reset of my email polling to make it manual as opposed to as items arrive? Especially odd because when I try to change it back, the setting doesn't "take"...

Steve

nopants

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Strangest damn thing - something went into my settings and turned off "auto-sync data"

Re-employed auto data sync and now I'm back to normal. No idea what changed that setting because I haven't touched it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac