Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 12131415
Like Tree3Likes

Default HTC Mail Memory Leak/Bug ("Phone Storage Getting Low")

jhutchi, if you are prepared to wipe/hard reset your phone one more time you could try this:

(1) hard reset your phone and restart
    (2) download K9 mail app from marketplace/Google Play
    (3) setup your email accounts in K9
    (4) stop using htc mail app

Default Re: HTC Mail Memory Leak/Bug ("Phone Storage Getting Low")

So if too much "data" is the problem, what will deleting some of it do? Like in the NAV app or Maps app. What will deleting the data there do?

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

For Maps/Nav - you will lose your search history and any cached maps, but those would be re-downloaded anyway.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

To FATLO,

thanks a lot for this brilliant "how to".
    My HTC Desire that was almost dead (3MB left), is now swimming in a comfortable 50 MB memory pool !
    As I like the look & feel of the HTC mail app, I will continue using it ... if this does not imply a cleanup every month ;-)

Greetings
    Luc

I just wanted to reply to this, as the posts from evoVoyager and fatlo allowed me to finally stop the HTC mail app from taking 90+mb on my rooted HTC Desire running on Leedroid. As the steps/file locations etc seem slightly different for every phone, I thought I'd post where I found the troublesome files.

So this phone already has S=OFF and is running a LeeDroid V3.3.3 (Android 2.3.3 and HTC Sense 2.1). I downloaded a terminal emulator from the Play Store, and this is what I did:
    ===
    su (grants superuser permissions to the app, only way I could see these folders)
    cd /data/data/com.htc.android.mail/app_mail_temp (folder where massive temporary files were hiding)
    ls -l (lists files in this directory with information on size - they were all around 25-35MB, I wanted to delete all but the most recent one, which was only 10MB, and conveniently they were named sequentially so I was able to delete all the old ones with the command...)
    rm -r 133* (the asterisk is a wildcard, so this deleted all files starting with 133, the most recent one on mine was 134 - I suspect you could just do rm -r ./* and get rid of everything in the directory without ill effects)
    ===

So there we go, finally solved! Thanks guys, hope this also helps someone
    Thanked by:
    dmaul9 
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 12131415