1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Informal Poll: Bluetooth Headset Successes/Failures

What Bluetooth headsets have you paired with your Incredible? How have the pairing, voice quality (sending/receiving), and compatibility experiences been? Thanks!

ROM
    BAMF Rezound ICS v0.6

Motorola HT820 - no problems - sounds great!
    ~Paul
    HTC ReZound
    HP Touchpad w/ CM7 Alpha 3
    Vignette (The BEST camera app) review

Plantronics Voyager Pro - works perfectly

Just got my Voyager 520 last night and seems to be working. Need to test out the noise cancellation stuff.

Amazon.com: Plantronics Voyager 520 Bluetooth Headset (Blue): Cell Phones & Service

Moto H790 works fine. Paired easy, multipoint works well when connected to two phones. audio quality is great. Its VERY LOUD (I have to turn the volume way down, even in car).

Still wish Android had BT voice activated dialing

Had the Jawbone Icon and people complained they couldnt hear me. It worked fine with my Moto Droid though. Now I have the Plantronics Discovery 975 and Im getting complaints. People are saying I sound like Im in a hole or I sound muffled. What in the heck is the problem?? Very fustrating. I can hear the callers fine. Is it the Incredible?

Global Posts
    310 Global Posts

Plantronics Voyager Pro - works flawlessly! The best BT hands down and I'm a BT ***** I buy just about every new one.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Ugh, had a long post written and accidental closed tab.

I have had good luck with two BT components so far, the Nokia BH-900 worked flawlessly, and the Kenwood KCA-BT200 module for my head unit and while call quality was good in both directions, the BT audio for the Kenwood module pretty much sucks, I hear a lot of hiss.
    Last edited by xtrmcheeze; 05-12-2010 at 02:53 PM. Reason: added details

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

GE Cell fusion (it's a handset and base for the home) works fine. only oddity is that the name I gave it doesn't show. It shows the default ADR6300.

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean!

Not a headset but the Inc sync'd up just fine with my car stereo.

I have the Jawbone Icon and it works just find no complaints so far...
    Vzw Staff

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

Motorola H700 paired almost instantly, great call quality from the piece. Just need to find a program that allows my headset to let me do voice command to imput text into text messages.

Jawbone II works great.

Jawbone Icon no problems yet

Moto H17txt sounds great, however full features require a subscription based app (ugh not worth it)
    I can listen too my media and games through it. is this a common feature for many BT set?
    Last edited by swimrage; 05-19-2010 at 10:49 AM.

Motorola H695. Incoming voice quality is okay, don't know about outgoing. Every once in a while, it automatically disconnects then reconnects to the phone. It used to do that with the Motorola Droid too.

ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.0.4

Plantronics 320, cheap little one I have had for about four years, use it in the little Hyundai I drive to and from work, works great. Volk-L system in my 2008 VW GTI works great to.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Quote Originally Posted by atlas9171 View Post
    Plantronics Voyager Pro - works perfectly
    +1 for me too.

my jawbone II works fine with it

Im having no luck JB Icon, Plantron 975 and now Voyager PRO. BTW, used all these with my MOTO Droid and they were great. THey sent me a new INC and it still sounded horrible.

Plantronics 975 was awful. Plantronics Pro better for outgoing but sounds distorted on incoming. Blueant V1 good incoming not so great out going. Plantronics Pro much better outgoing.

I think Bluetooth generally is not very hi fidelity but the Blueant seemed to be better on my end. Really liked the Plantronics Voyager Pro but it sounds bad incoming, at least to me.

I have the old Aliph Jawbone Prime - it works perfectly, fast & automatic pairing once you pair-it up manually with the codes the first time. Clear sound quality receiving end & speaking end as well.

I recently used the Sennheiser MM200 - this one took a bit of time to pair up initially, then it cut itself off from connecting once, requiring I go into Settings, hit BlueTooth connection for it to automatically reconnect again. Since then, it's been working perfectly as well, but not as easy as the Jawbone Prime which pairs automatically as soon as I simply turn the BT switch on my DI, then turn on the Jawbone also.

hooked it up with my U-connect in my Jeep and it works good with the incredible, no better or worse than my old storm or voyager

I have the Jabra BT530. Works well for talking but I have one gripe.

I use Pandora on my phone with the audio jack hard wired into my car. When I get in my car and put on my headset, it enables BT Phone and BT Media. So my music starts coming out of my earpiece (not exactly high fidelity). I have to go into options and turn that feature off. Not a big issue, but I'd prefer to just get in my car and go.

beef