stickstickly

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I gotta figure out when my 30 day is. But I signed up for a family plan it's gonna be a real bitch and a half. I just don't know if it's worth it.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
verizon > sprint

it's not really that much better, if better at all than the Inc. yea it's 4G, but i don't like it's size.

GoBigRed79

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
No Way. EVO is a stunning device, but there is a reason Sprint has to practically give their service away. Plus 4G service will be limited for awhile unless you live in a major city and you have to pay for it even if you don't have it in your area. I am quite happy with my Incredible and VZW service and won't be going anywhere.

rayzaname

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
No chance! I switched from Sprint years ago and have zero plans to go back anytime soon. Not to mention, I don't have 4G coverage within 100mi from home.

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
I'm on Sprint with my HTC Hero, and I have to say, Sprint's service is GREAT! 3G is fast and pretty much everywhere I go. I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area, so we have good coverage here. But even when I've traveled in the US I've had zero issues with coverage. This includes NY, FL, GA, NV, WA.

I'm totally jealous of your Incredibles, to be sure, and yes I was tempted to get one and defect to Verizon. But I don't want to leave Sprint since I've been very happy for over 10 years now. And with the Evo on the horizon, I may not have to :)

R

Roy Aguilera

Nope, this device is a beast and I love the VZW service around my way.

kjparfekt

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've been playing with my gf's Inc. but I'm on Sprint with a Palm Pre now so I'll be patiently waiting for the Evo. Love that big screen of the Evo.

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
The mandatory $10 4G charge sucks but even factoring that, it's less than VZW plans. Can see sticking with VZW if Sprint is not in your area but if they are, Sprint is worth trying, especially since they now give a full refund on 30 day trial. Verizon is only greater than Sprint if not in a Sprint area. Otherwise there isn't really a difference... and Sprint roams essentially everywhere in US where there is CDMA.

giantcrazy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I kicked this one around before I signed up with Verizon and got the Inc. I could have waited a few more weeks to make my decision, but made it based on Sprint's ability to deliver 4G (not anywhere close to deploying in NYC from the looks of it), and their coverage overall.

I'm taking a wait-and-see. I signed a 2 year, but that's with a pro-rated $350 ETF. I can bolt halfway through for $175. I paid $99 for the Incredible , so it'd be like having paid $275 for it for a year, not bad (especially considering the resale value of the phone halfway through).

I'd take a look a year from now and see if the reviews on Sprint's 4G network are favorable, and make the call then.

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to switch.

I have had Sprint service before and their coverage in my area is excellent. I also live in a 4G area and I'm still within the 30 day trial period for the Incredible. It's a tough choice, given the fact that I absolutely love my phone and it does everything and more than I could want.

But...

...that Evo is the one I'm gonna get.

CIMYA89

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Nope have had sprint before and it totally sucked in my area and sprint is only 2 mins. Away from me but i am more than satisfied with my incredible and verizons a plus service.

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
Pretty much the main things the EVO has over the Incredible are...

1. Bigger screen (physically, but same resolution)

- at what point does Big become too big? I don't think I'd be able to use this one handed comfortably. And forget about fitting in my pants pocket.

2. 4G/WiMax support

- My area doesn't have Sprint's 4G/WiMax support yet, although it is reported as "Coming.."

- Sprint's 3G/EVDO/CDMA data and voice coverage is not good here. My friends who had sprint constantly experienced dropped calls and switched to other providers as soon as they could.

3. Front facing camera (for video chat)

- Will video chat work on 3G/EVDO only coverage areas? or is 3G too slow?

So no, I don't plan on switching for this phone.

bobstudent3

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes, the Evo screen size is bigger, but if you live in an area with no hope of ever getting Sprint 4G, are there any other advantages to getting the Evo over the Incredible? Evo also has 720p video recording, right? Can you video chat if you're not in a 4G area? You still can't voice and data at the same time if you don't have 4G (unless if you wifi).

Last edited:

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'm still waiting on my Incredible to ship, but I don't plan on jumping ship. I decided to go with a one year contract so next summer I'll pick up whatever is best. I expect Verizon to better Android devices than the Evo at that time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma