Exchange works great for about a week, then....
Ok, so here's the setup. I got my Incredible on April 29th and set up my Exchange email account and was able to send and receive with no problems. Contacts and calendar synced with no problems. Everything was fine for about a week then I noticed I was no longer receiving emails. I could send with no problems and contacts and calendar still synced ok, I just could not get emails using wither wifi or Verizon’s network. I went into the account settings and activesync settings and see an error message that said “error occurred on the computer running the exchange server”. Deleting and recreating the account on the Incredible seems to work, but for only about 7-10 days then right back in the same boat. I do not think the phone is the issue as I had a Droid and had the almost identical problem. On the Droid I did not see the error message but I would stop receiving emails after about a week. I have tried Touchdown and it’s almost the same issue, except that the error is something along the lines of “mail queued on the server”. Again, removing and reinstalling the account in Touchdown resolves the issue for about another week. I called our corp help desk folks and it was a wasted phone call. All I got from them was “we don’t support mobile devices via activesync” and wouldn’t talk about it anymore, so I’m leaning toward something on our mail server causing the issue. My only problem with that answer is that we also have other users here with iPhones and Windoze mobile devices and they are not having any problems, and they are also connected via activesync.
So I know the answers are going to be “issue with corp mail server”, but does anyone else have any ideas?
- 05-13-2010, 09:53 AM #2
Quote from original post:
I have tried Touchdown and it’s almost the same issue, except that the error is something along the lines of “mail queued on the server”. Again, removing and reinstalling the account in Touchdown resolves the issue for about another week.
- 05-13-2010, 12:15 PM #4
- 05-18-2010, 11:33 AM #7
Does it always seem to coincide with an update or reboot of the exchange server? I had similar problems with both my Storm and Tour that required me to redo account setup. After a couple of months I discovered that it happened any time there was a change to our exchange server configuration. It was definitely annoying. We haven't had any system or configuration updates on our exchange server since I picked the phone up, so I don't yet know if it will continue to be a problem for me.
Steve in CT
- 05-18-2010, 05:14 PM #9
- 356 Posts
Re: Exchange works great for about a week, then....
I have been using it with exchange since I got the phone (4/29) without issues. Exchange is 2003.
I don't use it for any other accounts though. They are either on K-9 or gmail.
No issues except when owa is down and that is temp. But that would be expected.
Got that error message this afternoon: "error occurred on the computer running the exchange server".
I can still send, and contacts and calendar all sync, and I can even log into OWA, but cannot receive email.
Oh well, I guess that's that.
- 07-06-2010, 03:51 PM #12
Having the same problems on 2 different Incs on my account. Can't be a problem with my server because if it was, BOTH phones would have the same problem at the same times. When this happens, it has only been on one phone. Just called VZW and they didn't have a solution. They directed me to HTC support. To be continued!
- 07-07-2010, 08:15 PM #13
- 07-08-2010, 10:16 AM #14
- 07-08-2010, 12:33 PM #15
Yeah, I use Touchdown because it supports HTML email and the HTC app does not. I've been running flawless with our exchange. In fact I have a dozen people with android all working fine with our exchange 2003 I definitely think it's on your server end. Lucky for me, I control the server end at our company
- 07-08-2010, 02:54 PM #16
- 24 Posts
I seem to have issues but only when I am on wifi, it seems that if I try to make adjustments to a meeting or delete a meeting while I am on wifi it will give me a sync error.. this seems to go both ways as well, so it doesnt matter if I am doing on my work PC or my phone. It has also happened on multiple wifi networks including the one at work..
- 07-08-2010, 02:56 PM #17
- 08-05-2010, 09:58 AM #18
Has anyone found a solution for this... or what the real issue is? I've had this issue for a while on the stock HTC Mail AND Touchdown... This or a similar issue also exists on Touchdown. I've sent the Touchdown folks log files and they are claiming it is a server issue. When my inbox stops syncing, and I get the "error occurred on the computer running the exchange server" Calendar, Contacts and OTHER FOLDERS are staying in sync. Just nothing to my INBOX... (Exchange 2003 sp2)
- 08-05-2010, 06:36 PM #19
Do they let Iphones on your server? If so, it may be an issue with Iphone users who have not updated to the newest firmware. My company is having the issue with unpatched 4.0 iphones screwing up the exchange server. They are about to start kicking off iphone users who don't update in order to fix the problem. I had the problem yesterday with the Exchange server refusing to sync or send out emails (my phone is a Droid Inc. with Touchdown). Today our ITS dept. sent out another email threatening removal of the Iphone users who were obviously crashing the server. ITS obviously temporarily fixed the problem again as I was able to start getting emails about 12 hours after the crash. This has happened often since the 4.0 iphone firmware.
See this link for more info