1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Default LED Notification Light

Is there a way this can be changed? The dim green blinking light is not enough for me. can you change the color or anything? has anyone figured a way to do this?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Anybody?

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

No way of changing it. Orange and Green that's it.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Qazme View Post
    No way of changing it. Orange and Green that's it.
    You serious no way? no program that does it?

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cnote187 View Post
    You serious no way? no program that does it?
    i'm guessing its not the typical rgb led lights that can be used to make different like blackberrys. prob just 2 led, maybe u can mix green and orange to make something?

Maybe someone will develop an app for that.
    AndroidSkull

Global Posts
    3,600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vitreous,JellyBelly,OEM

download handcent sms...you can change LED notification lights within that app. for sms and mms messages. its also a better messaging app than the standard...give it a shot,theres a massive amount of customization
    bss

Another thing that would be nice is to disable the light when charging...I don't get the blinking green light if i have a new message when it's plugged in - the solid orange/green indicating charge status overrides the notification light

the LED is pitiful for sure
    ~Matt
    Nexus 4 & Nook HD+ and lots of other goodies
    www.twitter.com/howarmat
    Press ALT-F4 to see nudes

Global Posts
    389 Global Posts

I think it will be changed in software updates or a 3rd party app.

I remember when I got my POS Storm and after a software update on the OS it got way brighter.

Something a la berrybuzz would be great.

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

I wish I could agree, but I ended up uninstalling BerryBuzz because it just got annoying with all the different notifications. I ended up finding out my personal taste ranged to where I just wanted to know when I was getting email not everything else lol. More color options would be awesome though!
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

I wish I could agree, but I ended up uninstalling BerryBuzz because it just got annoying with all the different notifications. I ended up finding out my personal taste ranged to where I just wanted to know when I was getting email not everything else lol. More color options would be awesome though!
    Lol, I understand. For me BBuzz is a gem for determining who is contacting me and what form of communication they're using. I also like the cool factor ( call LED notification=red & blue police strobe lights!)

I agree having color options would be great..

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    ROM
    OMFGB

Yeah, but it had disco! How can you not love disco?!

I ended up having to send my BB for repair and wasn't ever able to authorize the new one to use BerryBuzz (suck it BellShare). In the end, I found it much more peaceful not to have my pocket vibrating and lighting up every color imaginable in 2 minute intervals with some kind of notification.

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Yeah it was a bit over kill for my tastes. And yes, the police strobe is what I used for phone calls, it was awesome. I used the blue and white alternating for twitter and a mix of colors for sms etc. It was cool at first but got annoying after awhile. But like most phone things it's all down to personal taste. I like the fact that my android shows hardly nothing and only gives me notifications in the bar up top!
    NEXUS!!!!!!

Lol, I'm using same colors for UberTwitter. But, I think it'll be refreshing not to be bombarded with notification messages.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

I would just like more options. I rely heavily on the flashes and color differences, I hope they give us more choices with updates in the future