How to minimize awake time?

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
So I noticed that yesterday, for some reason my phone's "up" time was much higher than its "awake" time (which is how it's supposed to be) and my battery life was excellent. This morning, however, I'm finding that the up time is only about 10 minutes more than the awake time, and my battery is decreasing a lot faster. I'm not using the phone at all, and I don't have any more apps running in the background. I'm just curious, how can I "force" my phone to go into sleep mode?

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
So I found out what I think was keeping my phone awake - bluetooth. Once I disabled that, the phone slept like a baby. Not sure why that was keeping it awake though, since I didn't even have it connected to anything.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
A lot of people are reporting that if you use the calendar app it keeps your phone awake. So if used it and don't need it again soon, close it.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
A lot of people are reporting that if you use the calendar app it keeps your phone awake. So if used it and don't need it again soon, close it.

Actually, you can just turn it off one time after you turn your phone back on. You can then use your calendar all you'd like and it will continue to go to sleep.

That's the first thing that I do when I have to turn the phone off and back on - go directly to Manage Apps and force close the Calendar, then go to the Calendar to turn it back on. My current stats doing it this way are:

44:12 Up Time, 5:41 Awake Time

newdroidnewb

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
So I found out what I think was keeping my phone awake - bluetooth. Once I disabled that, the phone slept like a baby. Not sure why that was keeping it awake though, since I didn't even have it connected to anything.

That is disappointing to me because I usually leave bluetooth enabled on phone and then just turn actual headset on and off to connect and disconnect as needed. On my BB, it was only consuming extra power if it was connected (and even then it was minimal), but not if bluetooth was enabled and not connected.

Oh well, just one more thing to get used to I guess.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
For me, the thing keeping my phone awake at all times was an IMing app. Took that off, and my phone was able to sleep, which conserved my battery life by tremendous amounts.

Last edited:

bbfunnyman

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
That is disappointing to me because I usually leave bluetooth enabled on phone and then just turn actual headset on and off to connect and disconnect as needed. On my BB, it was only consuming extra power if it was connected (and even then it was minimal), but not if bluetooth was enabled and not connected.

Oh well, just one more thing to get used to I guess.

It is very likely a glitch, I haven't had any bluetooth issue swith awake time... but I don't have any devices to connect to during the day.

Do you have any 3rd party apps running in the background? There might be a conflict, or you have found a bug.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm at 100% awake time again, this time with Bluetooth turned off. I have all apps closed in the background, and I have no earthly idea what's keeping the phone awake. This is getting so frustrating. I just wish there was an option that when you press the sleep button, it shuts down all apps running that prevent it from sleeping.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried a factory reset? Settings --> Privacy --> Factory Reset

Sounds like you have another app keeping it awake. I leave BT on and my phone still sleeps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital