1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Could not finish download. There is not enough space

Im getting this error message in my downloads screen.
    I have
    2.3 GB on SD card. (out of 7.46)
    5.3 GB Internal Phone Storage (of 6.60)
    619 MB out of 748

I searched the forums but came up with unrelated topics.

you try a battery pull and then install again?
    ~Matt
    Nexus 4 & Nook HD+ and lots of other goodies
    www.twitter.com/howarmat
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

I'm not sure if it's the same issue, but there was another thread about memory issues related to the HTC Mail app.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Default problem solved

The HTC mail app looks to be the culprit. I've deleted all my mail, cleared the cache in the app, changed settings to use SD card go temporary attachment storage.

hopefully that works.
    If not i'll keep using this thread unless a mod wants to merge this with the other thread or delete it.

UPDATE: Problem solved by changing "temporary attachment storage" to SD card in HTC Mail app for EACH account.
    Last edited by cm40; 05-16-2010 at 01:02 AM.

Available space on SD card: 1.45GB
    Available space on internal phone storage: 4.95GB
    Available space on phone memory: 458MB

I don't use HTC Mail app, but I use Gmail app.

When I try to update an app, it keeps telling me: "Sorry, there's not enough space to install this item"

Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks!

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by twJulia View Post
    Available space on SD card: 1.45GB
    Available space on internal phone storage: 4.95GB
    Available space on phone memory: 458MB

I don't use HTC Mail app, but I use Gmail app.

When I try to update an app, it keeps telling me: "Sorry, there's not enough space to install this item"

Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks!
    What app?

I had a few last week I could not install via the market but if I went to the android market on my computer,signed in and clicked Install ( starting a remote install to the phone ) it went fine.

Very odd, you could try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    What app?

I had a few last week I could not install via the market but if I went to the android market on my computer,signed in and clicked Install ( starting a remote install to the phone ) it went fine.

Very odd, you could try that.
    I tried to update HOMERUN BATTLE 3D, but I don't think the issue has anything to do with the app. I cleared the Contact data, which is sync with Facebook and Google Contact. It released about 30MB, so I was able to update the app. However, I don't think it's a permanent solution.

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default No Space availabel for download

I tried to update HOMERUN BATTLE 3D, but I don't think the issue has anything to do with the app. I cleared the Contact data, which is sync with Facebook and Google Contact. It released about 30MB, so I was able to update the app. However, I don't think it's a permanent solution.
    TWJulia, I am having the same problem with Homerun Battle 3D. Checked their web site ...no help. We paid $5 for this app and it should work correctly. I have plenty of phone storage and SD card storage. Don't know why this is happening. Would like to know a solution as well.

ROM
    Stock

hmm. It may be a bigger problem as you say then. I never had a problem UPDATING an app just a few new installs, which like I said I got around by triggering a remote install.

I hope someone else chimes in with more info. Make you contact the Developer and explain the problem as well.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by principalskinner View Post
    TWJulia, I am having the same problem with Homerun Battle 3D. Checked their web site ...no help. We paid $5 for this app and it should work correctly. I have plenty of phone storage and SD card storage. Don't know why this is happening. Would like to know a solution as well.
    For the time being you could try the work around i used when getting that error with a new app ( not an update ).

Uninstall it, the go to on your computer, sign in then find the app and click install.

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

For the time being you could try the work around i used when getting that error with a new app ( not an update ).

Uninstall it, the go to on your computer, sign in then find the app and click install.
    Tried that already ...same problem. Thanks anyway

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by principalskinner View Post
    Tried that already ...same problem. Thanks anyway
    That sucks. I hope it gets fixed soon.

I had the same problem with this app and this worked