Possible Free HTC Incredible with purchase of Motorola Droid

Saiyajin

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been to my local VZW store twice this week and spoken to three different employees there about this deal. They verified it on their system in the store for me today. Apparently, they are running a promotion that allows people who buy the Motorola Droid to get an HTC incredible for free. I'm in South Bend, IN, and don't know if the promo is regional or national - though I expect nationwide. I know this may not be an ideal situation for everyone trying to get the Inc, but in my situation, it's a perfect way for me to get the Inc, and I can give the Droid to my gf. She doesn't really care about smartphones (yet), so she's good for it. :cool:

Thought it was worth a mention. Not bad getting two Android phones for the price of one. I think it works like this: you pay $299 in store for the Moto Droid, and $100 for the Inc. Then there are two $100 rebates that you can mail in, so the Inc is free, and the Droid costs only $200. If this suits you, go into your local VZW shop and make sure it's for real. Hope this helps some folks out.

-Damion

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how this makes much sense unless you have 2 people and both want a phone.

I bought my Droid Incredible for only $149 sans the MotoDroid.

In your case, you now have two data plans for 2 years. I only needed 1.

Saiyajin

May 12, 2010
Visit site
You're right. That's what I meant when I said it depends on your situation. :) It fits the folks who wanna get two lines and like those phones. I just figured I couldn't be the only guy in that spot.

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
its the b1g1 they have been doing forever with BB and other 3G smartphones. you still have to open another line up to get the deal so its not really free unless you actually need another line and $70 more for it a month

Last edited:

Saiyajin

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Very true. Guess I wasn't specific enough in my op about having to get the second line. That's what I am planning on doing. Didn't mean to cause confusion. Just wanted to pass along a good deal if someone was in the market for two lines.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Not sure that makes a lot of sense. Generally with these BOGO deals you have to pay for the more expensive phone (HTC Incredible: $200 )and get the cheaper one (Moto Droid: $150) for free, and yes you would need to add or upgrade a line with the appropriate data plan.

Saiyajin

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Not sure that makes a lot of sense. Generally with these BOGO deals you have to pay for the more expensive phone (HTC Incredible: $200 )and get the cheaper one (Moto Droid: $150) for free, and yes you would need to add or upgrade a line with the appropriate data plan.

I would think the same thing. At least in this store though, they are selling both the Droid and the Inc for $199. I don't know if they are trying to encourage pushing the existing stock of the Droid by adding the incentive to get the Inc or trying to rip off people who don't know they can get the Droid for $150. Anyways, once I go through with getting these two phones, I'll post how it worked out.

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
its the b1g1 they have been doing forever with BB and other 3G smartphones. you still have to open another line up to get the deal so its not really free unless you actually need another line and $70 more for it a month

Why is everyone being so cynical? There are plenty of people who have 2 lines (myself included) for whom this info is useful. Had p been able to swing this I would have gotten my wife the Droid and myself the Incredible, instead of another stinkin BB for her that I had to pay for.

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
where was i cynical in my post. im just starting the facts you still have to commit to another 2 year contract to get the phone?

JTastic42

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
My brother was looking to switch over from T-Mobile as his contract was up and wanted the Droid. I had pre-ordered the Incredible, so I had it for over a week already. The employee was able to ring up the BOGO. I ended up paying for the Droid there, and he applied a credit to my account for the Incredible (since I had billed it to my account). So, this deal had a happy ending for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21