Speaker can blow itself out

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey folks,

I was using Pandora today on the speakerphone and had the volume turned up to one notch below maximum. As it was playing, I could hear the speaker peaking and squeaking a little, and it kind of sounded a little like feedback. Since then, all of my calls and Pandora music sound like they're coming from a blown speaker. Sigh. I guess I'll have to return it and get another one.

sgtmilstack

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Wonder if this is an isolated incident (bad batch with inferior speaker quality) or something more serious. Not a good thing if it's the latter, especially since I can ramp up my S1's volume to the max w/o worry.

sranger331

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Mines doing that too. New one should be here Tuesday. Hopefully it won't be an issue again. I got my first one at Best Buy on the release date.

rabaker07

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Let us know if the replacements are improved. Maybe the first batch was bunk. I've felt a little shaky about the phone speaker as well. Call quality is nowhere near my bb pearl. Also seems that when you speak into the mic, the earpiece cuts out...

Strygun

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Mines doing that too. New one should be here Tuesday. Hopefully it won't be an issue again. I got my first one at Best Buy on the release date.
please let me know if your new one is any better. I pre-ordered mine and it came on release day. Maybe the first batch had some lemons?

TDAY#AC

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I got mine a couple days after release and have listened to the max without blowing the speaker. Hopefully it was just an isolated incident.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
cuz of this thread, i just checked my volume level in Pandora -- 1/2 way. works for me. if i want the music louder, i'll wear a headset.

i won't push the volume anywhere near the max levels.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I use the speaker all the time at near max so i can stream pandora while I do things about the house. No issues thus far but I'll keep my ears open for any warning signs.

And I got mine via online pre-order so I have on of the first batch

chadallnutt

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
This is my second DINC and it has also blown the speaker. I don't listen to music unless it is plugged into my car stereo. The first one i got on release date (pre-ordered) and the second i got on June 1st. Now my girlfriend has the same phone and got hers on release day (Best Buy) and listens to pandora/slacker everyday and has no problems with hers. CSR told me since this is my second one in one month she would esculate it to HTC and see if they could figure it out. Also I had three Eris that did the samething and i finally switch to the MotoDroid. Lets all hope this gets fixed

nicball

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been blasting mine at full volume while I shower and work in the garage. Didn't think twice about it since I used to crank my s1 too. I will say this speaker puts out some good volume.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
old thread but I noticed my speaker isn't up to par on my replacement.
I was driving in the car holding it almost to my face and the other end said I sounded like I was whispering.

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I am getting my 3rd Incredible this week because of the speaker. I think the real problem is that metal shavings are getting in the speaker and causing it to sound tinny. Trying to remove the metal shaving or blowing it with air only makes it worse.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I am getting my 3rd Incredible this week because of the speaker. I think the real problem is that metal shavings are getting in the speaker and causing it to sound tinny. Trying to remove the metal shaving or blowing it with air only makes it worse.

:confused:How did metal shavings get in the speaker ? ,,,,:confused:, lol you lost me there

aslinc

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine blew the other day. Wasn't playing any music. It just started cracking when the phone rang. Now it's terrible. I received mine 2 weeks before launch date. Could be one of the early issue phone problems. I took the back off and removed the sticky rubber and blew it out with air but no go. Did not help...it did have little metal particles in the hole.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine since 4/30/2010. Listen to pandora, slacker, speaker phone, and podcasts through it at full volume all the time. Knock on wood never have had an issue with it. If anything it's not loud enough!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800