Trouble Using Screen During Calls?

anthonym83

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I seem to be having a lot of trouble accessing menus while a call is in progress. When I pull it away from my face, the screen lights up momentarily, but as soon as I touch it with my finger, it goes dark. I usually have to go back and forth like 5 times and palms it (slide my entire palm across the street during the screen flashes on). It's like a stupid game b/t me and the phone.

Annoying when I accidentally dial and then can't press the END CALL button. Or if looking something up while talking to someone. Am I doing something wrong here?

omgbeav

May 6, 2010
www.beavsgraphics.com
There's a proximity senor on the front of the phone which is what causes the screen to go dim, and thus not melting your face during a long call. I've had issues with it as well, but the key is to stay away from the top of the phone if possible. The sensor is up there around the VZW logo.

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
If the problem persists, try a hard/master reset. That might fix the proximity sensor issue. If not, you may need to call CS or take it to a store. Good luck!

JF

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Mine does the same thing.

I have to hit the power button to basically "unlock" this blank screen to get to the end call button.

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I have had this issue too as I hold my phone with my left hand usually covering the top left corner where I believe the proximity sensor is.

Just be careful as to how you hold the phone.