Quick Question - Boot up time from battery pull

forumsid987

Banned
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Can someone tell me how many minutes it takes for the phone to become usable after you've pulled the battery out and then put it back in?

Thanks!

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
50 seconds from a cold boot? interesting. What is it for a regular restart? (Not pulling the battery.)

forumsid987

Banned
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Just to be clear, can someone pull their battery out instead of just talking about a power off?

On a blackberry there is a HUGE difference between the boot times of the two (30 sec vs 10+ minutes). Would really appreciate if someone could test that.

Thanks!!

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just to be clear, can someone pull their battery out instead of just talking about a power off?

On a blackberry there is a HUGE difference between the boot times of the two (30 sec vs 10+ minutes). Would really appreciate if someone could test that.

Thanks!!

I pulled the battery out when I did my test

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site

Thanks!!

That is because Blackberry's don't actually power down, they just hibernate when you choose power off. The Incredile actually does a complete power down when you choose that option. A battery pull is not necessary. Using the power down option will net the same results.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
That is because Blackberry's don't actually power down, they just hibernate when you choose power off. The Incredile actually does a complete power down when you choose that option. A battery pull is not necessary. Using the power down option will net the same results.

This man is correct... I always hated my Blackberry for that horrible boot times... Which in turn Kills your battery by 5-10% each battery Pull...

Instead of a force close on a program when your phone starts acting up you pull the battery... just a horrible design/idea the programmer should be brought out back and shot Just sayin'