Question about extended warranty

BadPeekSell

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Now, I know I have 30 days after I get the phone to get the extended warranty (Asurion, etc), replacement plan for my DInc, but I'm just not sure why - doesn't the phone come with a 1 year manufacturer's warranty? Won't it be replaced free of charge if it breaks within its first year of life? Can't I get the same plan with Asurion after the initial 30 days? :confused:

johnhboyd

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
The Asurion plan isn't warranty. It is insurance. If you drop it and it breaks, Asurion will replace it. If you put it into the coffee cup holder in your console, and suddenly realize that your son just dumped his coke in the holder, Asurion will replace it. If it just stops working, Asurion won't replace it.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
If it quits working and it's not your fault, it should be covered under the warranty. If you drop it in the toilet the warranty wont cover it so you would then have to go through Asurion.

Last edited:

BadPeekSell

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your replies, but I'm still unclear about one thing - why the initial 30-day period? Why can't I get Asurion's coverage after?