Second DI - This one is rebooting itself

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
So I exchanged the last one I had due to random lockups.

The new one has been rebooting. At least 5 times during a 15 minute period this morning.

Is there some kind of even log I can look at to see the exact number of reboots?

Anyone else experience this?

I did notice other reboots since receiving the phone on Saturday but not nearly this many in such a short time.

R

Roy Aguilera

Wow that's 2. Sucks man. I have not had mine reboot once on me.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Where are you geographically speaking. Here in the NC (Triad region) we had a huge problem with this when the phone launched. It's a network issue that has since been resolved but I've also heard people in the New Orleans area were having the same problems.

I'd suggest taking it to an actual Verizon store and let them take a look at it.

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I am in the King of Prussia, PA area.

The phone I returned wasn't doing this and I just checked with my bro (workes two buildings over) and he hasn't had his reboot at all.

I may end up having to return it and get out of my Verizon contract.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
With nothing to lose then I'd go to a real Verizon store and give them a shot. A new PRL may be all it takes. Of course you can do the *228 thing yourself and get it but I'd give them a try. Then if/when they can't fix it go from there.

I got mine on the 29th (pre-ordered) and had to wait until the Sunday after that before they had fixed the network problems...the wait sucked but I'm glad I hung in there. After it stopped rebooting it has been an awesome device.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Im in nc and not one single reboot

Yep, it only affected the Triad. People in Triangle, CLT, or in the mountains weren't affected. People from Asheville were driving through the area and it didn't start until they got near Winston Salem, and stopped after they got past Burlington. As I said, it has since been resolved, at least in this area.

To the OP, is is possible, since this is your second DI, you received a phone that had been returned from this area and still hasn't been "corrected"? Long shot but maybe.

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I watched him break the seal on the plastic the phone was in.

I did a factory reset ill keep an eye on it before deciding my next move.

brain228

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
So I exchanged the last one I had due to random lockups.

The new one has been rebooting. At least 5 times during a 15 minute period this morning.

Is there some kind of even log I can look at to see the exact number of reboots?

Anyone else experience this?

I did notice other reboots since receiving the phone on Saturday but not nearly this many in such a short time.

Same thing here, I am on my second incredible cause the other one and my current one is re booting itself. I can not figure out the problem. I am waiting for my third incredible once they are in stock. I have experienced as many as 5 in a day to none, but it happens at least once. It happened this morning on the way to work.

brain228

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I know oh well I will just have to return this one for another. My friend has an inc and his is running just fine. I know its just bad luck.

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if I will give the Incredible a third try.

If I end up taking this one back I will most likely end the contract (under 30 days of course) and give the EVO a try.

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Just an FYI this issue hasn't shown up again so it looks like it probably had to do with me going app crazy the day before.

:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julieharrison