Is the grass really greener on the other side?

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I wanted to write about some stuff that has been bothering me. I have a DInc, and I truly think it is a great phone. That being said, I am annoyed lately about some stuff.

1. When we finally got the OTA 2.3 update, it messed up a bunch of phones, and it was pulled. Since then, we have heard nothing. No time frame given on when we can expect the update, nothing.
2. A bunch of phones have been updated to 2.3 since our failed DInc update. Sorry I can't quote specific phones, but you guys know which ones they are.
3. Sprint updates their HTC phones to fix a serious security flaw. Verizon? Nothing yet.

I am paying for premium service, and once again I am disappointed by Verizon. Changing carriers isnt really an option for me either.

I had a similar bad experience with the Samsung Fascinate with Verizon. I know that we are at the mercy of the carriers for updates, but at the least, we can be kept updated.

I have finally realized that my best experience for updates, support, ect., was with Motorola. Now this is just my personal experience from when I had my OG Droid.

Bottom line is that I am going with the Razr, and hoping for the best.

So...is the grass really greener on the Moto side? I hope so. Thanks for listening.:)

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to write about some stuff that has been bothering me. I have a DInc, and I truly think it is a great phone. That being said, I am annoyed lately about some stuff.

1. When we finally got the OTA 2.3 update, it messed up a bunch of phones, and it was pulled. Since then, we have heard nothing. No time frame given on when we can expect the update, nothing.
2. A bunch of phones have been updated to 2.3 since our failed DInc update. Sorry I can't quote specific phones, but you guys know which ones they are.
3. Sprint updates their HTC phones to fix a serious security flaw. Verizon? Nothing yet.

I am paying for premium service, and once again I am disappointed by Verizon. Changing carriers isnt really an option for me either.

I had a similar bad experience with the Samsung Fascinate with Verizon. I know that we are at the mercy of the carriers for updates, but at the least, we can be kept updated.

I have finally realized that my best experience for updates, support, ect., was with Motorola. Now this is just my personal experience from when I had my OG Droid.

Bottom line is that I am going with the Razr, and hoping for the best.

So...is the grass really greener on the Moto side? I hope so. Thanks for listening.:)

Motorola and HTC are usually the top 2 as far as updates. HTC has a little bit tougher time of it because Sense is so graphic heavy, therefore their phones need more work. Eventually, they will finish the DInc 2.3 rollout - I'm guessing their software team just got caught up working to get the new phones ready.

Now as far as future updates, the DInc is likely done. I don't believe it will get ICS, so you will need to upgrade if you want that (doesn't seem like you're the type to root your phone). If getting the latest updates is really that big a deal for you, then get the Galaxy Nexus when it drops. It will always get the latest updates as soon as they're released by Google, months before any other phones.

In regards to the security flaw, that application is only present on newer HTC phones - the Incredible isn't affected.