I swear they sent me a refurbished one..

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
i'm getting a replacement device tomorrow as well, not that i care if it's refurbished so long as it works right and doesn't have any signs of being used or damaged.

every refurb i've encountered with verizon had a sticker by where the esn sticker is located that stated that it was refurbished. just look for it.

but i agree that it's odd that your phone looked used. everything i've gotten was in brand new condition with all the screen protectors and everything there. the only stuff missing was the battery and any bundled memory cards that usually come with new devices.

Yeah same here, I know on all my Storm replacements the sticker was a little round green one by the esn, and a green or orange sticker on the box.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
got my replacement today, no refurb sticker on the inside, and the phone came with screen sticker and back cover. looks brand new to me.

:)

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Sounds brand new, I wonder how many they hold in back stock for potential replacements when a phone comes out? Obviously they did that or it may have been a lot longer replacing your phone.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Yep got my replacement yesterday in the mail. Brand new phone. Had screen proctor on it from the factory and no "refurb" sticker on it.

When I was in the VZW store getting them to ship me a new one the rep showed me the stock screen for Incredibles. There was none instock at any local stores. Then he showed me the shipping and pending screen for phones that were in route to the local stores, LOTS of devices coming to the stores. He then showed me the pipeline for replacements, ie refurbs, NONE. They dont have any to give out. So if yo uare getting yours replaced its going to be new.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
so my replacement is more broken than the original :(

sending it back now and going to have them try to send me another unit, hopefully with better luck

jmorisey

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I sent my other droid back in because pf screw ups. but when i got my new one in the screen had all kind of smudges on it and everything also didnt have the screen protector. I swear this one is a refurbished one. Does anybody know if i can look for something on the phone that will show it was used before.

Don't know how "accurate" this is, but you could always key in:

##778 CALL
VIEW MODE
DISPLAY

... see what the dates are there... there is a "REFURBISHMENT DATE"; MANUFACTURE DATE; ACTIVATION DATE; etc...

Just an idea to see how accurate this info is, if at all!

Jon

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey